Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default [Suggestion] Implementing H1 Headings without coding

Hello,

so here is a suggesition how easy a H1, H2 Heading can be implemented in the program only if you want to - the basic and individual formatings for each H1, H2...entry should be made in the Web Properties window and it should be then directly implemented in the program like both graphics showing.

Michael
    Last edited by Soquili; 31 March 2009 at 12:29 AM.
    IP

Default Re: [Suggestion] Implementing H1 Headings without coding

AbsoLUTEly!

This is an essential asset to ANY program calling itself a "Web Design" application. Especially nowadays, if it's trying to conform to the html/css WC3 web standards. We NEED to have specific, valid Web standards design control over all text used in a Website.

I'm glad you brought this up Michael. This is a MUST DO for the first program update.

Nice catch.

Mark...
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I think this is an excellent idea too. It would be very intuitive way to apply some pre-defined properties and seems that the WYSIWYG goals could be maintained.

Regards, Ross
    IP

Brilliant! I support this.

Tom
    IP

Well I really do not want to get into the argument about HTML structure (suffice to say John is completely right), but until someone can show any merit or any benefit at all in having H1 tags, this is not something we'd offer.

Why would we start complicating the product with some technical gubbins that few people will understand, especially when it has no actual benefit?

I agree that it would be nice to have more powerful text Style control in Xtreme and Web Designer, but that's really a completely separate issue, and one day we'll add it.
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    I agree that it would be nice to have more powerful text Style control in Xtreme and Web Designer, but that's really a completely separate issue...
    I'm sorry but I thought "text style control" was Michael was proposing. As I understood his suggestion the various text styles associated with the pull-down would be specified in options and they'd then be exported as part of the style sheet. Then in Xara-WD when you could easily apply that "style" to subsequent selections knowing you are keeping things consistent. To me its not about the whole "clean" html stuff but about convenience and the intuitiveness of the interface.

Regards, Ross
    IP

...having H1 tags, this is not something we'd offer.

Why would we start complicating the product with some technical gubbins that few people will understand, especially when it has no actual benefit?
    HI Charles,

i'm totally on your site, and i want it to make it easier from the users point of view:
    Why not offer 6 different types of Headings wich can be preformated wich are saving time rapidly instead of:
    Marking the text and click 14pix bold on every heading wich i create in my website - i do only one time the formating and save time for my whole site:

Just imagine: The Xara Web Designer Demo Page and take each Heading you used in your site:
    and imagine you only have to click on the beginning of the Heding and click Heading1 and rapidly the whole line changed into bold 14 red - formating - this saves more time and you have not to argue /tell about H1, h2 and so on stuff:

Use your own preformatted Headings and save much more time as you format every Heading manually AND combine this with a much more better ranking in search-engines!

What is in this case complicated - i do lessons in NetObjects Fusion since 2000 and believe me no one of my customers understand what a H1 Heading really is they only know they are saving time with preformatted settings and beside the chances of getting a better search enging ranking rised....

So our goal together should be to offer a much more and better and faster handling of Headlines for websites and my suggestion does this and i think from a programmers point of view there should be no complicated way to implement this; isn't it???
    I am the last one that say: Hey make XWD to a complete HTML Editor no that is not my point - make a easy and fast program more userfriendly and give it an additional feature to save the users time

Michael
    IP

Well I really do not want to get into the argument about HTML structure (suffice to say John is completely right), but until someone can show any merit or any benefit at all in having H1 tags, this is not something we'd offer.

I agree that it would be nice to have more powerful text Style control in Xtreme and Web Designer, but that's really a completely separate issue, and one day we'll add it.
    Yes, I've been silently dying for a powerful text Style feature for ages (the first thing I use in Word pretty much before producing a document).

I totally agree about all this h1 heading stuff. I don't see how it's essential; like you say it's just complicating things and adding nothing. I first came across this crap when trying to sell stuff on eBay, and having to learn how to make a heading bold using all stupid <h1> tags and other unintuitive techno gibberish that just makes the experience so repellent and time consuming. A simple WYSIWYG text editor was embarrassingly missing.
    IP

... until someone can show any merit or any benefit at all in having H1 tags, this is not something we'd offer ...
    This might throw some light on the subject, it seems to imply that heading tags do have an impact on SEO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIn5qJKU8VM

Drwyd
    IP