Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am kind of tired of getting frustrated with each new version of Corel Photo-Paint and DRAW.

For some reason, inexplicable to me, old shortcomings and obvious bugs tend to pass from one version to next. They're either blind and deaf or just plain stupid to let this happen.

Soon, we may as well forget about CorelDRAW and Photo-Paint as once splendid tools.
    Yes, it's me.
    IP

Â*
    I've never experienced any problems with CD/PP that were real 'show-stoppers' http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Still, it's not what software you use.... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
    IP

hm, Photoshop is the best, for me...I vote Photoshop...
    miress
    [you see it]
    IP

I personally vote Photo-Paint + Photoshop or Fireworks finish…
    Depending on what you do, print or web. IMHO.
    Yes, it's me.
    IP

I prefer Micrografx Picture Publisher!

Anyone use this program?
    Alessandro (Alepacca)
    IP

I own both CorelDraw 12 (with PP) and PS-CS and they are both useful but PS-CS DOES have more features.

It's a known fact that PP 12 was not upgraded all that much. Draw 12 was the targeted app for all the major improvments. PP 12 has better stability and speed but many of the features I have asked for were obviously passed up. Yes, you CAN accomplish what ever you need to accomplish in PP 12, it's just a bit more work and work arounds to get there. PS-CS is much more straight forward.

All those years thinking that PS was going to be so hard to learn and yadda yadda yadda.... All it takes is being a hair dresser in the Silicon Valley with a client that is a projects manager for Adobe and getting the program for a birthday gift and your all set to go (that would be me http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif )!! The program is NOT hard to learn and there ARE more features that are more straight forward. On that note, while I'm thankful for the PS-CS gift I am a Corel fan for life. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

PP 8 was the very first painting program I ever used (besides a little wonder called LView Pro, which I don't like the direction it's taken in the last few releases, so I'm pretty much over it), so I will remain a fan and purchase my upgrades and hopefully by Draw 13 (lucky 13) PP will be overhauled and it will be in the running as a more high end, industry standard that it was all those years ago.

I have faith and I hope that Vector Capital can make it work. I think Painter should be put to bed and PP should be the real focus and incorporate all the useful technology from Painter into Photo-Paint and then your really going to have a great stand alone program as well as including it in the Draw Suite, either way I think it would make money for Corel.

Just my 2¢ http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    IP

Wow... haven't heard that name in years! I used to use it back in the 90's with Win95 and even got their special web package edition, can't remember the name they gave it now. Anyway, the company is still around, I think, but has gone in a completly different directions with software. They realized they were completly out done by Photoshop and PhotoPaint, MSPaint, and even Ulead and others.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by @lepacca:
    I prefer Micrografx Picture Publisher!

Anyone use this program? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1
    IP

Corel bought Micrografx Picture Publisher in rel. 10.
    I use PP8 and i thik that it is a beautiful program. You can use PSD and EPS file and all other graphics format.
    It's fast, not expansive and simple to use.
    Why Corel has stop this program?
    Best regards,
    Alessandro (Alepacca)
    IP

Micrografx Picture Publisher was my favorite bitmap editor for many, many years: I did not fully switch to Photoshop until version 6. Picture Publisher 5,6,7,8,9,10 was and is an excellent tool, which still has some neat featurs not found elsewhere. It's sad that Corel isn't developing it further.
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

IP