Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Viewing Flash

Default Re: Viewing Flash

I think we're getting there, because the player and the .js file load, but now it says: "Gallery not found". And that refers to the .xml file that's part the viewer and that lists the photos to be used. You find some more code in the bottom of your desk drawer enabling the .xml file?
    IP

Try this one.

<div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash.</a></div>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="index_htm_files/swfobject.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var fo = new SWFObject("index_htm_files/viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "8", "#181818");
    fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "index_htm_files/gallery.xml");
    fo.write("flashcontent");
    </script>
    John.
    IP

Almost, John. The viewer works but now instead of the pictures, I only get to see a big X for the big photo and small Xs for the thumbnails. The thumbnails are clickable, but show nothing but the big X. Would this have to do with the fact that the pictures and thumbnails are in seperate folders ("images" and "thumbs")?
    IP

The .xml file can be read with any text editor, you can look to see where it's thinking the pictures are.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinlandstudios.com
    IP

Thumbs up Re: Viewing Flash

Quote Originally Posted by Spinny View Post
    The .xml file can be read with any text editor, you can look to see where it's thinking the pictures are.
    Thanks for your suggestion, Spinny. It still took me a while to figure out (adding a "/" at the end of the pathname), but with the help of XML Notepad I changed the pathnames very easily.

And also thanks to John (covoxer) for coming up with the placeholder code.
    IP