Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Viewing Flash

Default Re: Viewing Flash

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    XWD will "publish" all files that are in the index_htm_files folder automatically, whatever those files are. Just add them to the folder and your good to go.
    Thanks for assuring me that everything that's in the index_htm_files folder is automatically uploaded, but as I wrote in my post:

When I manually place the auxiliary files and folders within the website I export from XWD, the viewer does work, but only when I put them in the root folder (and not in the index_html_files folder).

Thus, even if the files and folders are uploaded, the Flash file wouldn't work. Is there a way to make it work?
    IP

Boy have you checked your placeholder text to ensure it has the correct path to the flash file?

As you say it works when you put the file in the root directory that would indicate your placeholder only has the filename for the flash file and not the full path.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

This plugin can't be embedded using standard flash embed. It need some flashwars to be set. So you have to use placeholder code instead. You can get the embedding code to place within placeholder from the site of this snippet.
    John.
    IP

Default Re: Viewing Flash & Coffecup Form Maker

I have found that if I export to a folder and open the site in a browser that my Coffeecup Flash Form in the WD placeholder will show in the WD previewer as long as I keep the exported site opened in the browser.

Not sure if I needed to, but I copied all files for the flash form to both the exported index folder and the .web file root directory.

Lisa
    IP

Sometimes it's worth reading the 'Tip of the day'
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TotD.png 
Views:	143 
Size:	3.0 KB 
ID:	57411  
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Sometimes it's worth reading the 'Tip of the day'
    Well that explains why the changes to my form were shown in the previewer without re-saving the flash files to the .web root directory.

Guess I better start paying attention to those "Tips"

Lisa
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    This plugin can't be embedded using standard flash embed. It need some flashwars to be set. So you have to use placeholder code instead. You can get the embedding code to place within placeholder from the site of this snippet.
    Thanks, John, for clarifying this. I searched the site (link) but I couldn't find the code that you mentioned. Could you please specify what code I need to place in the placeholder? Thanks again.
    IP

Insert this into the placeholder:

<div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash.</a></div>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "8", "#181818");
    fo.write("flashcontent");
    </script>

Place all the necessary files and directories (provided with Simpleviewer in archive) in the same directory where your html is located.
    John.
    IP

Thanks for your help, John. Unfortunately, your code only works if all files are next to the index.htm file and not in the index_htm_files folder, making it impossible to upload them. Is there some code that makes the browser look for these files within the index_htm_files folder?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Thanks for your help, John. Unfortunately, your code only works if all files are next to the index.htm file and not in the index_htm_files folder, making it impossible to upload them. Is there some code that makes the browser look for these files within the index_htm_files folder?
    You mean somethink like this?

<div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash.</a></div>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="index_htm_files/swfobject.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var fo = new SWFObject("index_htm_files/viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "8", "#181818");
    fo.write("flashcontent");
    </script>
    John.
    IP