Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Viewing Flash

Default Viewing Flash

I have a site that has a flash anim. I've used a placeholder, but when I load in the .web and preview it the flash isn't visible, even if I manipulate the site and then preview it. But if I export it as an html site then preview it (through XWD) the flash anim becomes visible.

Basically it looks like to have to export as a site before the flash anim becomes visible in the preview. Anybody else have this or is this how it's supposed to be?
    IP

Default Re: Viewing Flash

I'm guessing this is how it's supposed to be. Although I've placed the flash <object> code in the placeholder, how else is it supposed to know where to look as I've used relative paths. Sorry... I'm tired... http://img228.exs.cx/img228/638/whistle9qn.gif
    IP

WD's preview mechanism temporarily exports to a temp folder (I haven't check for the exact location yet though), obviously your flash file isn't in that temp 'preview' folder, so the preview cannot load it.

In these conditions you just manually export once to check that all will be fine, then after that rely on faith
    IP

Hi Nicky,

Although I've placed the flash <object> code in the placeholder
    What do you mean by this?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

This.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	57246  
    IP

Ah, I'm with you now. Why dont you just place "MyFlipBook.swf" into "index_htm_files" folder and use the Replace with Flash placeholder?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Flash should preview perfectly well using the normal in-built preview.

All you need to do it use the 'Replace with Flash' option of the Placeholder dialog. Select the Flash (.swf) file. That's it. Doesn't matter where you pick the .swf file from.

Flash placeholders are different in one key aspect. The placeholder determines the position AND size of the flash. So by adjusting the placeholder size you can control the size of the Flash.
    IP

h, I'm with you now. Why dont you just place "MyFlipBook.swf" into "index_htm_files" folder and use the Replace with Flash placeholder?
    Because that doesn't work. Not sure how it works but there are external files that the flash looks for:

Folders 'book_images' & 'mp3' and an external 'config.xml' file.
    IP

I had problems to get a Flash file to work within XWD. This is the situation: I was directed to Airtight Interactive's SimpleViewer, a free Flash picture viewer app that I want to use in XWD: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simpleviewer/

I used "Replace with Flash" in the Web Properties dialogue, but the embedded slideshow viewer didn't show when I previewed it. The .swf file comes with a gallery.xml file and a swfobject.js file, as well as two folders for the thumbnails and the pictures, but XWD only seems to embed the .swf file.

When I manually place the auxiliary files and folders within the website I export from XWD, the viewer does work, but only when I put them in the root folder (and not in the index_html_files folder). My question is this: Why is this and will XWD include these additional files and folders when it publishes/uploads the web pages to a website?

Is there a possibility to have XWD automatically include any and all files/folders that are auxiliary to an embedded file?
    IP

XWD will "publish" all files that are in the index_htm_files folder automatically, whatever those files are. Just add them to the folder and your good to go.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP