Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retired

Default Re: Retired

I have done just that.

While I appreciate that XWS was getting a bit long in the tooth, and having just purchased XWD, all my current websites were created using XWS templates. It would be nice if Xara were to port them over to XWD, or convert them, as I really don't want to have to start from scratch when updating my sites.

Hi Phil,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Are you referring to the Webstyle web page templates specifically or all templates in general?

I don't know if Xara has plans to port them over to Web Designer or not but it has occurred to me to look into a way of do something along those lines.

I need to find a way to do that along with other things I want to do and still make a living.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Hi Phil,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Are you referring to the Webstyle web page templates specifically or all templates in general?

I don't know if Xara has plans to port them over to Web Designer or not but it has occurred to me to look into a way of do something along those lines.

I need to find a way to do that along with other things I want to do and still make a living.
    Thanks for the welcome Bill. Primarily the Webstyle web page templates as I have used several of them on different projects.

Since my initial posting I realised that my site-specific graphics already generated by XWS and published can be imported into XWD with little effort as conventional graphics but as they're not part of any XWS theme I can't modify them in the same way so I would have to construct each page separately. This could be a time-consuming exercise for my larger projects which could be made a whole lot easier if the web page designs from Webstyle were made available as templates in Web Designer.

I still use the later tableless CSS Webstyle designs and I'd hate to lose them for good if I can't do an easy re-install of all templates in Webstyle because they've gone walkabout. Menu Maker is still there and can be integrated into XWD but the same argument applies Webstyle menus I suppose.
    "Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"