Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo gallery

Default Photo gallery

Has anyone any ideas regarding customising photo galleries.
    I have a number of photographs to display in a gallery for a small business site I'm producing. This is generally no problem until I've come to display a couple of Panorama images (long and thin). Is there a way to make the pop up image conform to the shape of the photograph rather than what I have at the moment ie. only a portion of the photograph being displayed?
    Derek
    IP

Default Re: Photo gallery

Hi derek, maybe you should try this little beauty link below. I have used it for my galleries. You can see how it works if you go to my page and click on any of the side links. I haven't tried it yet but I am sure you could embed it into a flash placeholder...It is so fast to make a gallery and everything has an option, tao

http://stegmann.dk/mikkel/porta/
    IP

Tao that is so cool!! And so easy to implement. Thanks for the link!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

Tao
    Thanks for that, I'll give it a go, though I must admit I am hoping there is a way to modify the web designer template, if only so I'd know how to do it in the future.
    Derek
    IP

ND let me know if you embed it. I would like to know if it works...I can't see why it wouldn't, tao
    IP

Hi Derek, well I hope you do learn how to alter it as I would like to know as well. I played around with it a bit yesterday. Maybe a good video tutorial on making photo galleries would be good...tao
    IP

Tao
    Yes, though there are more videos/tutorials promised for the near future I think. A comprehensive manual might be an alternative.
    derek
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    Has anyone any ideas regarding customising photo galleries.
    I have a number of photographs to display in a gallery for a small business site I'm producing. This is generally no problem until I've come to display a couple of Panorama images (long and thin). Is there a way to make the pop up image conform to the shape of the photograph rather than what I have at the moment ie. only a portion of the photograph being displayed?
    Derek
    The problem you have is probably because you drag and drop the panorama image over the predesigned samples with much different proportions. To have the whole image shown in pop up, you have to make a whole image to be visible in the thumbnail. You can resize the bitmap fill to fit the entire panorama into the old frame, but this would render the previev with large white areas on top and bottom.
    My suggestion is to delete the sample image object in template and place your panorana there instead. To add gallery popup, simply select your panorama image thumbnail, open web properties dialog, and on the "Link" tab select "Popup photo" option. You can also enter the width of the large preview image to be exported. I would suggest to make it not wider than the possible screen width of the reader, because othervise it will be displayed with scroller. Though, this may be acceptable for panorama.

In the attached file I have replaced one object this way. Though, as you see, it would be great to adjust it's frame accordignly, but that means all the design has to be changed. But I think it's not a problem for you to create your own gallery layout for your preffered image proportions.

Hope it helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    John.
    IP

John,
    How about a customizable pop-up image box? Border colour and width, no border etc.
    Also the 'Close' button could have some style options.
    How about the pop-up animation? On/Off - or alternative animations?
    It might also be very useful to be able to drag the pop-up box around to reveal thumbnails or other page content without closing the pop-up.

This will enable photo album pages to be better customized and not look like everyone else's who use WD.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    John,
    How about a customizable pop-up image box? Border colour and width, no border etc.
    Also the 'Close' button could have some style options.
    How about the pop-up animation? On/Off - or alternative animations?
    It might also be very useful to be able to drag the pop-up box around to reveal thumbnails or other page content without closing the pop-up.

This will enable photo album pages to be better customized and not look like everyone else's who use WD.
    Rather than drag the pop up box around, though that would be useful too, I've simply rearranged the thumbnails so they don't appear behind the pop up. Of course this limits the number of thumb nails as they have to be down the edge(s) of the frame. I suppose it depends on how many images you have to display per page.

John,
    Thanks very much for your reply, I hope it will enable to produce what I need.
    Derek
    IP