Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default possible tutorial ?

Hi all,
    I would dearly love a tutorial on how to create a page suitable for sending as an html page using outlook, complete with an assortment of items on it such as photos, text, links etc. in either Web Designer or Xtreme Pro.
    I don't have a problem creating a page. but it gets created with a folder containing the pics, etc. How can it be created where everything is embedded so as to do away with the folder, please ??
    IP

Default Re: possible tutorial ?

Hello Horwendil,

I was going to suggest using Internet Explorer and the File Save As menu. In that menu you can select Web Archive, single file (*.mht) from the Save as type: drop down list.

This will embed all images etc into a single file with an .mht extension that can be viewed in Internet Explorer.

There is an issue with the alignment of some text though.

I hope John Horn (Covoxer) sees this post and looks at an .mht file saved from a Web Designer html export.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Default Re: possible tutorial ?

Thanks Soquili, it's an idea. Many many years ago I was in a graphics group on yahoo and there was a simple bit of software that we used to make the html page, which was then sent by mail, but I can't for the lie of me remember what it was.
    IP