Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Exporting to .psd redux

I’m continuing to have problems exporting to a .psd file format (refer to my earlier post at http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=36523). I’ve tried breaking down the .xar file into layers and exporting each layer separately in an attempt to reduce the file size (a great suggestion from Soquili, thank you), but this also hasn’t worked. Xara support suggests that I reinstall the program. However (nothing being easy in my life these days) my CD along with lots of other things, was stolen during a burglary from my Studio several months ago. I downloaded xaraxtremepro4dl.exe from www.xaraonline.com but I notice that there’s a very significant difference in file size between my CD installation and the download (646MB vs 60.2MB). Should I be concerned about this? I also notice that the downloaded version is a trial version. Does this mean that I’ll lose some functionality or that I will have to do something else later (other than just registering it with my current registration data)?
    Thanks,
    Louis
    P.S. The image is a little different now, so I can’t use the export Soquili previously did.

Default Re: Exporting to .psd redux

Hi Louis,

The download does not contain the movies, fonts, fills, etc. that are on the CD.

The download version doesn't have any program restrictions other than a time limit it will function.

Did Xara Support help with the previous problem?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Bill,
    Xara did an export of the old file for me, but my customer changed a few things so by the time I got it, it was useless. On my latest support ticket, I offered that I needed to be able to do the export from my own computer, which is what generated the suggestion that I reinstall. But, I don’t want to lose the fills and fonts, both of which I use. I’m happy to spring for a new CD but it will take a week at least to get it and I have to deliver something later today. I suppose I could try installing the download on top of what I already have rather than deleting the existing program, but I’m not sure that will help and I’d rather deal with my customer than lose the program.
    Thanks,
    Louis

I seem to recall attempting to install a download version over a CD version once. (I like to try a lot of things just to see if they will work )

I think the download reported the CD version was newer and would not install.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I'm going to try it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'll let you know.
    Louis

Louis when I tried it was on a backup computer and not my primary machine.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Well, I threw caution to the wind and I installed the downloaded program without uninstalling the CD version. The installation seemed to go fine, but when I tried to do the export I got the same result. I'm going to ship .jpg's for now and do my best to keep the customer happy and order a replacement CD. Maybe that will work. Sometimes s*** happens.

. . . except that now the program won't open at all. The Xara FAQ's say to submit a support ticket when I get the error message "Please insert the installation CD and restart the program." That's what I got and that's what I did.