Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Designer Page size

Hi,
    when you create a blank web page do you create with the dimensions of the browser example 1024X768, or the browser screen area (browser minus scroll bar and the top menus?
    Jim
    IP

Default Re: Web Designer Page size

Hi Jim,

The blank templates in the File > New menu only specify a width which seem to be minus scroll bar width. The page length can be changed dynamically.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Hi Soquila,
    Thanks...wasn't sure..usually I specify my own 1024X 768 size but didn't know for sure, what the norm is.
    Jim
    IP

Is it possible to save custom page sizes (so it can be selected from the drop down) instead of having to enter it each time?
    IP

File>>Save Template
    IP

Ok, saved a 790x1000 page as a template but I don't see it in the File > New selection, neither in the drop down for page properties > page size.
    IP

Yes it appears the New menu list is restricted to 4 plus the Animation and Photo template.

An alternative is to save custom templates to a folder and add the folder to the Designs Gallery.

Open the Design Gallery, click the 'Disc Designs' button, navigate to the folder containing your custom page size templates, click 'Add' and allow WD to build the index.
    Your custom pages will then be available in the Designs Gallery for easy access.
    You can add more page sizes later to that folder and repeat the above process but click the 'Update' button to refresh the index.
    IP

Thanks yet again. One slight drawback is there is no thumbnail for the page sizes in the Designs Gallery when adding: "C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Web Designer\Templates\ENG" but that doesn't really matter.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by nickydude View Post
    Thanks yet again. One slight drawback is there is no thumbnail for the page sizes in the Designs Gallery
    Then why not place a text object on the page size in large bold text on your page template??
    This bold text will then display in the Design gallery as a thumbnail.
    You can delete this object when you open it to start a new project.
    IP