Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Key Shortcut for Color picker

Would it also be possible to have a hotkey to, temporarily, bring up the eyedropper to copy attributes from another object?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMyWords View Post
    Would it also be possible to have a hotkey to, temporarily, bring up the eyedropper to copy attributes from another object?
    Copy attributes from... that would be nice too, but i guess you would have to ensure that the UI was neat and tidy and didn't complicate the normal use of the colour picker... Perhaps were talking new icons, flyouts.... clutter...ARRRRRRRRH LOL

Good idea by the way.

Microsoft Expression Design 2 has two eyedroppers. One is the standard color picker which has 'I' as its hotkey. The other eyedropper picks up attributes and drops them onto other objects. I really like this attribute dropper.

I thought it would be a pain to use the eyedropper in conjunction with brush strokes, but it's not. When you have the brush selected you make strokes with the attributes of the last stroke selected. You can also pick strokes with the brush to pick up attributes of that stroke to make more of the same.

I'd like to see Xara be able to select with the brush and copy attributes. It's nice to not have to switch to the selevtor tool and then switch back.
    Sheff
    My Site

Yes, I think just different shortcuts could solve that easily. Also, my dream is search/replace dialog (for colors) in CD and "Select the same color" option in AI to fast recoloring your drawing. And, the way how to change a color model how it realized in CD is just great -- selecting from a drop-list and that's all. In Xtreme you have to change the color model but also have to change values to have real color model changing.
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC