Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: What I'd like to see in Web Designer

I'd like to see an added preview button that previews pages using the FF rendering engine.
    IP

I'd like to option to specify a primary and secondary viewing browser, a bit like DreamWeaver. For example F12 view primary selected browser (say, FF), Ctrl+F12 view in secondary browser (say IE).
    IP

Just to add (because I can't edit the above) that I rarely use the built-in preview, I always Export and test the site in my default browser.
    IP

Yes I think this is the most reliable way.
    IP

I use preview all the time, if it were only to see if and how certain bits and links work as I include them.
    IP

Upgraded Webstyle to Web Designer today. Really like the new GUI and it's consistency with Xara Xtreme.

Definitely miss the following from Webstyles and wish they were added back into Web Designer:

(1) The very easy GUI way to create drop down levels of menus

(2) The ability to import and use all those 5 Webstyle template packs I bought.

Seems a bit of a depressing trend lately that upgrades really end up removing some of my most used (and useful) features from the old version (Adobe did the same thing with its CS4 upgrade by removing all their starter pages from Dreamweaver).
    IP

Hi RSendek,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

You can include your Webstyle created navbars into a Web Designer web site. Use a placeholder then copy and paste the line from the Webstyle create html file into the placeholder. You will need to copy your navbar javascript and graphic files to your Web Designer export folder.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply.

I realize there are work-around ways to get Webstyle drop down menus and old template pack graphics into Web Designer, it's just a bit depressing when upgrading to a new version makes features that were very easy in the old version more difficult to accomplish.
    IP

Default Forms - HTML Code "Snippets Gallery" - PlaceHolder for Frameworks

and the ability to combine this "form" tools with snippets from Ruby on Rails.

Wow would that be an tool...

HTML Code Snippets Gallery:

So with a Drag n' Drop you could place a "Placeholder" with
    HTML / JavaScript into the website....

Placeholder for Frameworks
    For Example Blueprint.css -> Framework
    For Scriptacoulus and all these frameworks

Liquid - Design? - Resizeable Design possible? in the Future?

thanks xara for the good first start - I think you would enhance the program really good!
    IP

New to Web Designer (of course) but impressed. However, after an embarrassing moment of ill-attention I'd like to suggest the following enhancement:

That the .web data includes the name of the folder to which that website should be exported.

Currently, Export recalls the last folder exported to, even if it was for the other website I was working on (hence the embarrassment )
    IP