Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: What I'd like to see in Web Designer

I wont to give a pictures(of my site) a diferent names ... NOT 1,2,3,4, ..... jpg, png !!!
    I wont to give attribute like "NAME FOR EXPORT" to anything object in my project.

Sorry for bad english.
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

A little convenience I'd like to see relates to the colour editor. When it is open (no selected objects) it has the little drop-down selector for current line & fill colours. I'd like to see 'Background Colour' added to the list. It would be handy and perhaps a bit more intuitive than the other ways to set the background colour. It would make it far easier to apply a custom mixed or sampled colour without having to do a named colour step.

Regards, Ross
    Last edited by Ross Macintosh; 14 March 2009 at 12:37 PM.
    IP

As mentioned in the other thread: ability to change file extension for individual pages to work with includes put into placeholders so redundant manual editing would not be necessary.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)
    IP

I agree about the need to edit <head></head> content.

However, in this case I would reduce it to a simple reference to an included file in the form of:

<script src="/js/myjscript.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    Yes, that would work. Thanks.
    IP

To Help editing:

1- Ability to purge unused via the appropriate dialogues, such as: names, layers, etc. without have save and reopen.

2- In Names dialog have an option to delete a name (with warning if name if currently being used).

2- Locate/find: names, layer pops links, placeholders.

3- Sync Layers! Be given the choice to have then same layer config for all pages as a default (could be switched off later if so desired). Also, if editability, visibility, and default layer choices in a page's Layer Gallery are modified, update all other page Layer Galleries.

4- Save color and/or tranparentcies gradients via the fill gallery for reuse.

5- Galleries: drag bitmap fills From the document into the Fill Gallery where they are auotamically saved permanently and indexed. Same with web docs by dragging the page into the Designs Gallery. Allow user to reorder folders in the Galleries directly by dragging the folders.

6- Paste inside a group so don't have ungroup and mess up properties assigned to the group.

7- forget this one.

8- Snippets Gallery
    Last edited by jclements; 15 March 2009 at 01:22 AM.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    To Help editing:
    2- In Names dialog have an option to delete a name (with warning if name if currently being used).
    Is this what you mean?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	removename.png 
Views:	361 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	57555

7- Paste in Place to the currently/active layer (do it thru key-combo like Crtl-Alt-V).
    Already exists. SHIFT+CTRL+V (edit>>paste in place)
    IP

No John, I believe that merely romoves the name from the selected object. If the name if is removed from all objects, it will still be listed in the dropdown list. The list can get quite long so (at least to me) it important to keep it "clean".

There is a work around. If you KNOW you are going to be creating new names, then you can assign an unused name to an object, then RENAME it to one that will be used.

=======================================

"Already exists. SHIFT+CTRL+V (edit>>paste in place)" yes but I believe it pastes it to the layer it was originally assigned to, not the layer you want to be placed on. [EDIT-CORRECTION] I was wrong about this. I would have sworn ... .... ... never mind! [/EDIT-CORRECTION]
    Last edited by jclements; 15 March 2009 at 01:04 AM.
    IP

"Already exists. SHIFT+CTRL+V (edit>>paste in place)" yes but I believe it pastes it to the layer it was originally assigned to, not the layer you want to be placed on.
    Nope, it pastes to the 'selected' layer and in place.
    IP

No John, I believe that merely romoves the name from the selected object. If the name if is removed from all objects, it will still be listed in the dropdown list. The list can get quite long so (at least to me) it important to keep it "clean".
    Not sure I follow.

If I have ten objects named 'bee' and I remove it from all ten, it no longer appears in the list.

(PS: You may call me Steve if you prefer
    IP

john/steve

I stand corrected again. I just did another test. When I reopened the file the unsued name was gone.

Only conclusion I come to is that in my other tests, I had an unknown object with the name (I suspect when I ungrouped a softgroup) ... all the more reason to be able to search for names, etc.

Glad you're keeping me honest.
    IP