Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Post .....

Time out. Take a deep breath.

Remember a lot of the members (and moderators) have been participating on the forum for long hours at time for many days now trying to: learn the nuances, help neophytes, instruct the web savvy, identify bugs, address uesability issues, find workarounds, etc.

I can't speak for others, but in my eagerness, I'm probably guilty of being in a hurry, not reading carefully, jumping to conclusions, or not being a patient as I should be. It is easy to do when dealing with a new program such as XWD which has such great potential. We all have room for improvement

I've learned a lot from all of the members here, one way or another.
    IP

Info "Smarter" buttons in the Design Gallery?

By smarter Buttons I mean that when dragging Buttons from the Design Gallery (regardless of what the current/active layer is), you have to ungroup and move the button's objects to the appropriate PopUp Layer and MouseOver Layer for that PopUp layer.

If there were someway to drag a Button from the Design Gallery onto an active Layer whose name included "MouseOver" or "MouseDown" and not require the user to tweek things, it would make things easier especially for those buttons that have a lot objects.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example, drag button onto a PopUp layer.png 
Views:	263 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	59048  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jclements; 08 April 2009 at 05:13 PM.
    IP

Default Smart Quotes: A way to Toggle them on or off

Have an icon in the Text Info Bar and/or a shortcut key.

I'm sure people doing Web pages for technical data, building supplies, manufacturing, architecture, etc., will appreciate this.
    IP

Default Re: What I'd like to see in Web Designer

Hi John,

I notice you have been editing the thread title in many of your replies.

I don't know about most members but since it is normally the thread title I don't bother to read that. This makes some of your posts seem strange until I notice you have edited the title.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Would like the NAME gallery available in XWD, while building animations.
    Helpful feature in XXP and missed it in XWD.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)
    IP

Thumbs up Re: What I'd like to see in Web Designer

I meant to comment on the numbered images in my previous post.

Since 2000 I have used another program for web building that converts images to serial numbers (number/letter combination like 272090a0.jpg). The program allows for image description. So just like XWD, images are renamed by the program. Having 9 years of personal experience with many websites I have built/repaired (far more if you want to count the thousands made by all the users of this software over the years), I can give true life witness that none of the sites have suffered from numbered image naming. Search rankings at #1 -#10 for keyword and content searches prove that search engines will not lower your rank for numbered images.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)
    IP

Animation Enhancements:

I have only begun to dappling with creating flash animations. But so far, the following seem like they would be helpful:

1- For use, at least when previewing a flash animation: Abilitity to automatically Display the current Frame Name below the preview window.

2- A move button in the frame gallery (or a custom paste-in-place) so you can select multiple objects on different frames and move them (or paste them in place) into the active frame.

3- Ability to tween an object-pair between more than just two consequetive frames; for example between the first and last frame.

4- An Overlay property that overlays All previous frames or until a previous frame with a similar overlay property.

5- A built-in progressbar that has the same functionality of progress bars in movie viewers; an indicator the moves left to right (or top to bottom), an indicator which can be clicked on to jump or dragged during the animation to the closest frame of the tween being played, etc. Template progress bars available in the Design Gallery (just drag them on the first frame and be able to "strech" Left and Right bounds or Top and Bottom bounds). Perhaps a way for the user to create their own.
    Last edited by jclements; 12 April 2009 at 08:04 PM.
    IP

Hi everyone,

Due to the immense popularity of the Web Designer forum and the high post rate of this particular 'What I'd like to see.....' thread, I have created a new Sub-Forum forum specifically for 'Feature requests, suggestions and bug reports'.

Dear Xara Web Designer..

The new forum will operate in a similar manner to the successful 'Dear Xara...' forum which was created in January.

Please read the Forum opening Sticky post before posting.

This thread is now closed, though obviously must remain viewable for reference.

Thank you for your continued support
    Steve Ledger (sledger)
    IP