Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Text cutting off

Just making sure you select the text tool to resize the text box works perfectly. It's just getting used to it.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Not a bad idea. But what it you wanted to distort the font type (squash vertically or horizontally) for a bitmap header etc?
    'Convert to editable shapes' comes to mind, though I have yet to install WD!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by nickydude View Post
    Just making sure you select the text tool to resize the text box works perfectly. It's just getting used to it.
    That's true, but a TON of people are going to mess up their layouts and ask for help because of this behaviour.
    IP

I'm missing something here - like how you squashed the text. Neither the Selector Too nor the Text Tool will squash text. So how exactly did you do this?
    IP

Paul there is no 'convert to editable shapes' in Web Designer.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Using the select tool resizes the text as well as the text box whereas using just the text tool to resize resizes the text box only.
    IP

OK now I'm confused, I actually never noticed this before either, so yes Paul - the text area acts just as the way you asked for

Nickydude:
    Was this something you started in Xara Xtreme? Because you can squash the text in Xtreme, copy it to the clipboard and paste into WD as squashed but editable text.
    Maybe you are editing a .xar which you started in Xtreme?

.web file attached to demonstrate
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 05 March 2009 at 01:28 AM. Reason: added .web file
    IP

I just installed WD and was unable to squish text out of proportion and it all behaved nicely. Good job Charles. very impressive (who stole all my tools though?!).
    IP

I've never used Xtreme (which is why I keep asking questions about the tools you guys are probably used to ) Here's a grab of what I meant. Resizing the text box using the select tool also resizes the text, which I didn't want. But now all is well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	57114  
    IP

Nickydude.
    Yes that's correct for point resizing, but I cannot cannot squash the text (deform) like you have in your original file at the start of the thread. How did you deform Arial like this in Web Designer?
    I have been trying but cannot squash it....
    IP