Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question Text cutting off

Does anyone know why the right hand side of the text is cut off? The first image is in the editor, the 2nd is through a browser. The .web file is attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	editor.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	57107   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	editor2.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	57108  

Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Default Re: Text cutting off

Looks to me as if you have squished the font (ARIAL) horizontally in WD.
    The browser can't squish fonts.

(Also, Hobo Std isn't a web safe font)
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 04 March 2009 at 11:29 PM.
    IP

Looks like you have changed the aspect ratio on the text which is causing the problem to occur.
    IP

The reasons we dropped the side handles on objects such as groups, photos, text was to make it difficult to squash or stretch text, because brwosers will make a mess of it (as slegder said browsers can't do this). So the idea was that it should not be easy to mess up text like this (admittedly not looked at the .web file though).
    IP

The text attributes say that it's Arial 11pt. If, however, you duplicate the first line of text directly above the already existing paragraph (specifying that it be Arial 11pt), you'll see that share the same height, but the new line is quite a bit more extended.

Might it be helpful in the text properties to indicate some compression/expansion factor? The current dialog doesn't offer that.
    IP

I am having a bit of trouble with test boxes. I move the box and the test does squash instead of staying put. May be a tutorial vid would explain this better.
    IP

Use the Text tool to resize the text area rather than the select tool.
    It will be bounded by a red dashed border.
    IP

I do and the same thing seems to happen.

Edit: Doh, of course now it proves me wrong. May be I resized it using different tools without realising which tool i was using and that's where the problem was. Thanks
    IP

It might be an idea for the software to switch behaviours when dealing with text so that text is treated appropriately regardless of which method of selection is made.
    IP

Not a bad idea. But what it you wanted to distort the font type (squash vertically or horizontally) for a bitmap header etc?
    IP