Okay I can see that XWD can design some interesting web pages and can do things that other web design progs can't but...

So far as I can see there is no easy way to insert basic HTML - paragraphs <p>, headings <h1>, <h2> etc and where are the bulleted lists <ul> and <ol>?

Aside from the obvious use of bulleted lists they are also a means of structuring navigation menus. XWD is the only web tool I have seen that does not have the familiar toolbar button to add a bulleted list.

Headings are used to give levels of importance to the text and should, if done properly, give the document a structure. When I look at the code for any of the template pages, all the text is split into DIVs - not headings, sentences or paragraphs, just snippets of text. When a human looks at that web page the structure is obvious but for Google and screen readers there is nothing in the HTML to indicate the structure of the document!

What about tables? Okay they get bad press but that is because they have been misused for years, as a method of structuring and designing a web page rather than for their original purpose of providing a means to layout tabular data. Tables have tags to denote titles and headings, giving structure and meaning to tabular content - how is this to be achieved correctly in XWD

It is possible to use placeholders to insert HTML but it seems strange that it is easier to insert rotated text in a fancy box and see the end result as you edit than it is to insert a simple bulleted list or heading that has to be previewed to see the end result.

It is considered good practice to keep the formatting of a document separate from the document content. CSS should be in an external style sheet and inline styles should be avoided.

XWD pages use an external style sheet but then adds a ton of inline styles for positioning and setting fonts and fixed font sizes. There are accessibility issues with the use of fixed font sizes. The HTML is not easy to read and harks back to the bad old days of Frontpage.

Sorry for this long rant. I love Xara stuff AND I have bought XWD but I am concerned about the non-standard method of coding the web pages.

Cheers

Ron