Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Where's the HTML and where's the structure?

Hi Ron,

Where's the HTML and where's the structure?
    I'm not on a crusade here but just want to make the point there's more than one way to skin a cat. You can can go from John Rayner (who's missing in action lately) who's a pure text based html coder, to users of Dreamweaver which I suppose you could loosely call a WYSIWYG editor to users of Flash (includes me) which never in a month of Sundays could create editable html or structure, nor needs too.

With XWD you set out your web site designs in a graphical way, and export from there. If there's an error, you change the graphical layout (in the main) and reexport. Check, check, etc.

No you can't edit as say you could a DW export, but DW doesn't give you the graphical control (without complicated menu options) that XWD offers.

It's more horses for courses and does it deliver on the day. ;-)
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 05 March 2009 at 01:47 AM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

For anyone that has a need to work with the code, export to website from Web Designer. Then use your favorite text/code editor, whether notepad, Dreamweaver, Expression Web, etc.

Web Designer was written more for those people that do not want or have a need to edit the code.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

While not an experienced HTML coder, I can definitely see advantages to inclution of web-standard text-manipulation methods in xWB (which I've now purchased). Consider, as a single point of argument, the ability to increase/decrease text size of a website, based on user preference. Clicking an "A+" or an "A-" tool to manipulate text size is an option offered by CCS. Without [extemded] standard HTML text formatting specification, this is not an option. Can text styles be defined, and block-manipulated with xWD to offer similar functionality?
    IP