Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Drop Down Menu's

I don't think you can. Because it all works on revealing contents of layers, there's no way (that I know of) to auto-hide layers in the HTML. It might be possible to fake it disappearing by covering it with objects that look like the background, but this will be more difficult if the background isn't a single colour e.g. a bitmap or something.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thumbs up Re: Drop Down Menu's

Not even a week since XWD released and just look at all the great work that's been done already. My thanks to all and especially today to Ima Guest for her very clear detailed tutorial on drop downs. You couldn't ask for better.
    Phil Thompson

Ima Guest ????

Phil what is this referring to? There a link?

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    Ima Guest ????

Phil what is this referring to? There a link?
    This one I think - http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest80/index.htm

One handy new feature WD brought over Xara 4 was that you can have multiple mouseover and mousedown layers on a page, allowing for those states in multi-level menus. In Xara 4 you had to either not use them or make dozens of popup layers which was completely impractical.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    In Xara 4 you had to either not use them or make dozens of popup layers which was completely impractical.
    This is not true. XXP4 allowed for mouseover/mousedown layers for all popup layers. In the Ima Guest tutorial there was a mistake regarding this, and it is clarified by Gary Priester on the first page of the tutorial.
    John.

Yes, you're right. I just couldn't get it to work the last time I tried.

HD video now on YT too (finally; had to u/l a 2gb mp2 to get it to convert to HD).

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    HD video now on YT too (finally; had to u/l a 2gb mp2 to get it to convert to HD).
    How did you manage to upload a 2GB file Chris?

This is from my account upload page at YT:
    Each video can be up to 10 minutes in length and up to 1GB in size.

I know! I don't know but it worked. I was expecting YT to be stupid as always and tell me the file was too big AFTER I'd spent all night uploading it (kind of like it does when you upload a duplicate video). It may have something to do with my Director status. And it's its own fault anyway; if YT was somewhat more intelligent about converting long mp4s into HD, then it would have had a 100mb file instead of a 2gb one.

I know there is a 10 minute limit unless you're a Director. Sounds like limits are extended if you are.