Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Drop Down Menu's

The soft group has the same name though but with extra contents. But, yeah, I understand the current limitations. It's just somewhat misleading; "update repeating objects" should correctly update soft group objects really to be intuitive is my point. The video demonstrates the problems caused by it not doing this. Anyway, we could end up just repeating ourselves here if we're not careful.

Awesome video! Shows more than I expected and it also makes me wonder why Xara did not put the menu functions from WebStyle or Menu Maker in Web Designer to begin with. It was so easy to do this in WebStyle. I guess I will get used to this but it's a lot more work. I'll keep this tutorial handy, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pjiv View Post
    Awesome video! Shows more than I expected and it also makes me wonder why Xara did not put the menu functions from WebStyle or Menu Maker in Web Designer to begin with. It was so easy to do this in WebStyle. I guess I will get used to this but it's a lot more work. I'll keep this tutorial handy, thanks!
    These may be added in a future.
    John.

Argh, the video's been removed by the user. Hope it's up again soon as I'm having trouble.

Yeah just keep checking my YT site (they come and go depending on how YT treats them) but it'll be there somewhere. Hmm, videos longer than 10 minutes seem to be limited to HQ. Damn YT. I might split it into two parts...

Thanks. For some reason mu mouseover buttons seem to be a solid colour when testing. As you can see they both have text on but when I mouse over the text seems to vanish. Attached it the .web
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	57312  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello Xhris,

FANTASTIC VIDEO. Thank you so much! Do you have any plans to create a written tutorial and produce it in Word or as a PDF?

Also, good to hear from John (Covoxer) that features of Menu Maker or WebStyle may be added in the future to Web Designer.

Probably no tutorials for WD (it's supposed to be self explanatory), but likely for Xara 5.

Quote Originally Posted by nickydude View Post
    Thanks. For some reason mu mouseover buttons seem to be a solid colour when testing. As you can see they both have text on but when I mouse over the text seems to vanish. Attached it the .web
    Hi, you need to group the text label and button together so its a whole button. There should be one group for each button state (mouseoff, mouseover, mousedown).

Thanks again Xhris.

Another quick one: How do you hide the mouseoff state of a button if the mouseover is a different shape?