Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Importing Buttons (Stretchy Objects) made in Xara Pro 4 for XDesigner (Bug?)

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    2nd: I do not have an option in XaraPro to Save As > Web, only the .xar extension is listed in the dialog.
    Nobody does John, because it's in the 'Export' dialog

4th: Each time I open Pro I am asked if I want to register it with .web the extension. If I say yes, then when I open XDesigner I'm asked a similar question. If I say yes to that prompt, then XPro will ask again and so on.
    When Xtreme Pro asks this question next time, answer 'no'.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exportdialog.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	57121  
    IP

Default Re: Importing Buttons (Stretchy Objects) made in Xara Pro 4 for XDesigner (Bug?)

Steve:

2nd ... Well, Bill seemed to indicate otherwise. That is why I mentioned it.

4th ... Steve that's obvious, but then it will also continually give the prompt when opening (a nuisance).

John
    Last edited by jclements; 05 March 2009 at 03:49 PM.
    IP

Hi John,

I see that it was not clear which application I was referring to when I said Save As .web. I meant to indicate it was from within Web Designer.

Sorry for any confusion I caused.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Bill, no problem.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    4th ... Steve that's obvious, but then it will also continually give the prompt when opening (a nuisance).
    John,
    Please make sure you remove the tick in the check box 'Always perform this check..."

Name:	web_associate.png 
Views:	134 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	57157  
    IP

Thumbs up Re: Importing Buttons (Stretchy Objects) made in Xara Pro 4 for XDesigner (Bug?)

Steve, good observation.

I been reluctant in the past to untick mark those type of dialogs ... felt like I'd loose track of what extension has been registered to an app. Perhaps its time to change my way of doing things.
    IP

If you're willing and able, the check box choice can always be reversed in the windows registry:

Don't check associations:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro\4.0\Opti ons\CheckAssociations]
    ".XAR"=dword:00000000
    ".WEB"=dword:00000000

Do check associations:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro\4.0\Opti ons\CheckAssociations]
    ".XAR"=dword:00000001
    ".WEB"=dword:00000001

Note: Usual caveats apply when manually editing the Windows registry

Name:	checkassociations.png 
Views:	134 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	57158  
    IP

There is no difference between .xar and .web files - they are the same thing in fact. Both programs can load both types. You can drop .xar files onto Web Designer and ti will import (drop it on the title bar and it opens, rather than import). Web Designer .web files are really .xar file inside.

While we do support stretchy buttons designed in v4 and Pro4, (it's how we designed all the stretchy buttons and text panels). It turns out the button used here causing the problem were created by the now-defunct NavBar tool. I'm sorry but this will not work.

The old NavBar tool in Xtreme will be dropped in all future releases. In fact for the last 2 releases I think we've removed the tool from the main Tool Bar and discouraged the use of this tool.

You can design stretchy buttons, headings and other objects in Xtreme 4, using the name system (stretch properties) and that is the recommended way and is compatible with Web Designer.
    IP

Thanks for the info.

I'll follow your suggestion and give it a try.
    IP

Charles:

I got it to work per your instructions. I was rusty (nearly forgot) on how to use Xara's Name Gallery and the dropdown list where the "Stretches" property can be accessed/assigned.

Thanks for pointing it out, John
    IP