Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XWD as a menu builder?

Hi everyone,
    I'd like to throw an open question to the forum because I very much respect the accumulated wisdom here.

I need to create a computer based training data DVD (ie. not a video DVD - I'm just using the DVD as a storage medium) which will mainly be based on launching small video modules.

So let's say the course was about wine (sadly it isn't, but it will do for my example). On the index page I would have links to:

• White Wine
    • Rose Wine
    • Red Wine

If I click on "White Wine" I go to a new page that has some text about white wine grapes, maybe some embedded images, and then a button that launches my video module about white wine grapes.

The videos need to be a decent size - at least 640x480 - but I may render as 800x600. I'm thinking of rendering to Flash video.

I'd like the DVD to autorun when inserted so the autorun.ini file would contain a command to run something like "training.htm", which is my main menu page.

But what do you guys think? Should I use XWD for this task, and build the menus as web pages? Maybe it's better to use a dedicated CBT package?

Cheers,
    Geoff

Default Re: XWD as a menu builder?

If your training DVD is to run in a PC and the content to be viewed via a web browser, then yes you can.

Default Re: XWD as a menu builder?

Hi Sledger,
    I'll give it a go and maybe I can post some tips here.

Cheers,
    Geoff