Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text labels on nav buttons

A thousand pardons - I've watched Xchris' Creating a multi-level menu / Nav bar using Xara Web Designer (long version) tutorial a dozen times and worked alongside step by step - and can't for the life of me get my mouse over buttons to retain their visible text labels when I apply a different color shade to them for the mouse over state - I've tried every combination of grouping, softgrouping, apply tint of another color, apply shade of another color....
    this seems a very basic function, and I've searched for help under soft grouping, creating nav bars, and text labels and am still struggling. I've successfully made 2 websites using XWD but used template buttons because I haven't been able to figure this out....

Default Re: Text labels on nav buttons

Try this PDF navbar tutorial.

Additionally, you might run through this video series of navbar creation tutorials. It is intended that they be watched sequentially:
    1. 1 button drop-down
    2. 2 button drop-down
    3. 2 button drop-down, supplemental
    4. 3 button drop-down
    5. 4 button drop-down
    6. 4 button drop-down, with fly-out.wmv
    Last edited by cursor; 19 July 2009 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks Curtis - I'm working through the tutorial now. I appreciate the voice of experience-

Are you referring to the color of the text on the buttons or Alt text (a title that appears when you let your cursor lurk over a link?)

The text that is grouped to a button object will not react the same as linked text. Linked text remains text that can be copied and pasted and when linked will retain the linked, mouseover and mousedown colors specified in your web properties settings.

But as soon as you group text to a button object, the text and the button object are converted to a bitmap.

I'm not sure if this was your question but if so that is your answer.