Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Trouble purchasing

Hi Spinny,

Have you checked your account to verify your qualifying product purchases are listed?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Yep, it was listed right there under my registered products.

I tried to purchase both in Firefox and in IE, since my script blocker on Firefox was fussing about redirects. Still same result.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinlandstudios.com
    IP

Please submit a ticket at http://support.xara.com to inform them of the problem. Someone of their staff would need to make any corrections to fix the problem.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

I did already. The response e-mail I got said that while I waited I might want to take the issue here to see if someone has an idea before they get to it. So, here I am.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    IP

Oh I see. Using Internet Explorer is usually the most reliable browser to use for web purchases. It comes on all Windows installations so is a good bet it will be on the majority of computers being used online.

You could try clearing the browser cache for IE and ensuring you are not blocking any activeX or other addons that may be needed by the purchase site. Then try purchasing again.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Thanks, I'll try clearing the cache. I keep my IE installation as vanilla as possible for this very reason. My Firefox is like a snarling fortress of "NO!" to most frills so I switch when I'm about to buy something, unless I get lazy.
    IP

That didn't work, but I noticed that when I logged in the form left my state blank and I had to manually enter it. When I went to my account data it wasn't listed there, either.

Then I tried to edit it, there wasn't any place available to enter state. I tried entering my date of birth in case leaving that blank was a problem, and the values it ended up with when I saved it wasn't even close to the ones I entered.

Tres odd.
    IP

I also noticed my state of residence and birthdate were not listed in my account. I did enter my state for the puchase of Web Designer yesterday but it did not update my account information.

In either case that data was not used to verify my qualification for the discount which I did receive.

I am guessing the database search is not finding your qualifying purchase(s). Maybe this is due to heavy access?

To quote the customer loyalty discount page:
    We offer discounts on Xara Web Designer to existing owners of Xara Webstyle 4 and Xara Xtreme/Xtreme PRO 4
    I assume you have purchased at least one of those products
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Maybe. I bought Xara Xtreme 4 last week.

I just got a response from my trouble ticket. They said to use the e-mail address under which I registered the product. Sigh. I understand that's the more common mistake they're seeing, but I specifically stated in the ticket I was using the correct log in info.
    IP

Have you logged into your account at xara.com to see a list of products in your account?

I noticed in my account there is a date of purchase and also a date of shipment. Maybe the verification is looking for a shipment date? Not being a Xara employee I would not know the actual verification process.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP