Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

maybe a silly question [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] , I know xaraX supports flash export, but can it also Import a .swf file . So that there is another vector format (like .wmf/etc). Illustrator9 can only export the file but not import (place) it..
    so I wonder if XaraX can..
    gr,
    Rico..

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

maybe a silly question [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] , I know xaraX supports flash export, but can it also Import a .swf file . So that there is another vector format (like .wmf/etc). Illustrator9 can only export the file but not import (place) it..
    so I wonder if XaraX can..
    gr,
    Rico..

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Hi rico,

I ain't the boss here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] so i could be wrong ... I can't imagine XaraX will have the ability to import swf's. I "think" there are utilities out there that can tear swf's apart and view library contents in any given (burned) flash file. I "do" use Xara's eps export for raw curves and shapes as I personally dislike flash's native drawing tools. I only wished that fills and transparencies would tranfer over to flash as well, but ... Just an opinion.
    All I can say is, swf's as you know can be exported as "protected" or "unprotected". There "is" a reason for that. And if Illustrator (perhaps the only other app besides Freehand which is most Flash friendly, up until recently), can't import swfs, my guess is ... Xara X won't either.

Later, Ivca

I just tried it.

But you know what?

While I was looking through the Files of Type drop down list I noticed a filter for Illustrator version 8. So I tried to import an Illustrator 8 file and it worked!

I even opened a very complex AI8 file that I did for a DigitalPublisher article and even though I received a few error messages, the file opened fine.

It even opens HTML files, kind of. It brings in whatever images it finds.

And you can go to a site and Import from Web which downloads all the images on a web page into Xara.

But Flash images, guess not.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...