Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xara Xtreme文字工具(Text Tool)的BUG

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Not always.
    You can fall into the same trap with columns as you can with a line of text.
    So the rule is, always draw a text area before entering or pasting text.
    没有文本框的文字是不可能被它上面的图形段落文本换行(Repel text under...)的,这是很正常的(其它软件也是如此),我所关心的是中文以及其它文字间没有空格的文字 能否得到正确的段落文本换行(Repel text under...)效果,希望Xara Xtreme的下一个版本解决此问题!

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Not always.
    You can fall into the same trap with columns as you can with a line of text.
    So the rule is, always draw a text area before entering or pasting text.
    That's because your example isn't a text column, it's a series of lines of text with returns at the end of them. It'd be repelled if you had a proper column: it might look the same but it isn't.

I realise you're only contradicting me because I'd disagreed with you in the past, so feel free to apply another infraction or ban me if necessary. I know you're being picky, you know you're being picky.

卡丁人's problem shows that Xara needs to look at how it handles repelling text where there are no spaces between the characters. Sledger, please don't destroy the thread's point when you butcher it to save face later.

Sorry I'm too late to this thread, as I think I'm somehow obligated to answer it.

There's a registry entry that can be tweaked to change the repel behavior to work with Chinese characters. I'm not sure if it's OK to make the info public, so I'm going to PM it to 卡丁人。

卡丁人,這個其實xara team有留意到,但平時這功能不開啟的,對他們西方人也沒影響。這是beta測試的資訊,我不確定能不能 公開提,所以我私下用PM給你registry的資料。

* Erh. He doesn't allow PM...
    卡丁人,私下給我你的email地址也成,或是開啟你在這裡的PM(悄悄話)。

最後提一聲,希望有更多的中文用戶加入Xara家族,這樣才會促使Xara持續加強對中文的支 持。
    Last edited by wall; 22 March 2009 at 12:46 PM.

Hi Wall,

A member must have made 35 posts before they have PM ability.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I think it should be alright to post the registry tweaker. Here you go:

Just change the experimental registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\xara\Xtreme Pro\4.0\TextTool\TightFormatting from 0 to 1.

This will enable Repel Text to work with Chinese. Please note I was warned that this feature may be taken out in the future.

卡丁人,改registry上面這個項目即可適用中文文字。請留意當時他們警告我不要依賴這個,因為未來不 保證會支持這功能。所有話又說回來了:需要更多的正式版中文客戶加入行列!
    Last edited by wall; 22 March 2009 at 01:52 PM.