Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Video and Music

Default Video and Music

Hi

Where has this web designer appeared from? I was login in to see if anyone new about a possible Xtreme 5 but found WD.

I almost spent a few hundred ££££s yesterday on other web software as Xtreme html output is not able to do what I want.

So the big question is will I be able to add video and music content to my site using Web designer?

Please please say yes. I love everything about my site all created in Xtreme 4 the nav buttons, pop ups, rollovers, flash content, downloadable files etc. I just need to add video otherwise its useless.

Thanks
    Deanx
    IP

Default Re: Video and Music

IP

If you're currently using Xara Xtreme 4 for website development, then no doubt you will be pleased (or even extatic) with Xara Web Developer. I've just finished scouring and absorbing the preliminary user's manual, here. Brew up a pot of coffee (or tea, if you prefer) and spend some constructive time learning what it can do (and how to do it). When you purchase and download the program (tomorrow?), you'll be up an running in no time at all.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    If you're currently using Xara Xtreme 4 for website development, then no doubt you will be pleased (or even extatic) with Xara Web Developer. .
    One thing I don't understand. Some have been saying that they want XXP5 to incorporate all the WD features. Why duplicate features when WD is already so cheap for existing Xara product owners?

Also, I am sure that I'm not the only one that doesn't want to pay twice for the WD features in both programs. WD features incorporated into XXP just serves to bloat up XXP; whereas having WD and XXP as two separate programs gives you choice to use one or the other -or both.

Choice is good!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Improv View Post
    One thing I don't understand. Some have been saying that they want XXP5 to incorporate all the WD features. Why duplicate features when WD is already so cheap for existing Xara product owners?

Also, I am sure that I'm not the only one that doesn't want to pay twice for the WD features in both programs. WD features incorporated into XXP just serves to bloat up XXP; whereas having WD and XXP as two separate programs gives you choice to use one or the other -or both.

Choice is good!
    Yeah to that. Don't want to go down the road of ADOBE Bloatware. I had to nuke all that stuff off my machines cause it swallowed them up and left the system for dead.
    IP

Which features to include (or duplicate) in each application (xX4 & xWD)? That's the direction of discussion taken at post number eight in this thread.

• xX4 was released with WYSIWYG website develpment features included (specifically, an HTML exporter).
    • After further conceptual development (perhaps after some contructive user feedback), it no doubt became clear that to the Xara folk that this could probably define a whole new application that would address a unique market (with some overlap):
      • Expand/improve the website creation features.
      • Include xX4 basic features that support website development.
      • Maintain the xX4 user interface.
      • Ensure a high level of compatability between xX4 and this new website creation product.
      • Price this new offering agressively.
    The big question now, however, is "how to proceed with xX5?" Should it include the improved features of xWD, or should the existing HTML exporter (and the new xX4 features that contribute to website development) be extracted?
    IP

I'm sure the enthusiasm over the html export from Xtreme 4 prompted the release of Web Designer. I personally think that WD is more a replacement of MenuMaker and Webstyle which are both long over due for updates.

How ever Xara decides to progress with Xtreme and Xtreme Pro will be interesting to see when a new version is released.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

WD was an inevitability really. I'm pretty sure WD is essentially Xara 5's web capabilities released as a separate package early. I'm guessing Xara 5 will probably not have anything significantly new on the web-side and will have other new graphics-related improvements being developed in the remaining time. Oh, I just realised I was OT...(read the latest post and not the thread title).
    IP