Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Thumbs up Will images come out as PNG files in XWD?

I LOVE the HTML Export feature in XX4 and am waiting VERY anxiously for XWD to be available.

XX4 exports my JPG images as PNG unless I specify otherwise.

Will this be the case with XWD as well?

Either way, I'm SURE I'll be happy.
    -- Quick Note --

I recently had a potential job designing a small site.

I used Xara and had a mock up in their inbox within an hour of our conversation.

I got this job because I got back to them sooner than everyone who had to spend all their time using Dreamweaver or FrontPage or whatever else.

Xara ROCKS!
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris
    IP

Default Re: Will images come out as PNG files in XWD?

Hi Bobby,

If the image is a photo it should export as a jpg, otherwise it will export as a png.

There are two icons on the default toolbar that allow you to export as jpg or png manually.

The following is a portion of the help file in Web Designer.

Selecting the Save option will always save a native .web file. To save a photo as a JPEG, PNG or other image file type, it's necessary to use the Export option, or the shortcut "Ctrl + Shift + E".

You may select from a very wide range of file types, such as JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, PDF, PSD, Flash (.swf), BMP, as well as other lesser well known types.

There are two icons on the top bar that are short-cuts to save the selection as JPG or PNG.

For photos we recommend saving as JPEG (sometimes called JPG) as this offers the greatest compatibility and the best size / quality compromise.
    When you export a JPEG or PNG, there is a Settings option on the Save Dialog. Selecting this provides many advanced export options, as well as compare side-by-side alternative settings or even alternative file types such as PNG.
    When you export a JPEG, an export preview dialog is shown where you can adjust many export options, as well as compare side-by-side alternative settings or even alternative file types such as PNG.
    The Export Preview dialog allows you to adjust the size, resolution, JPEG quality and even select from 3 alternative export file types if you so wish. The default values should be fine for all normal purposes and you can just click the export button to save your photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Default Re: Will images come out as PNG files in XWD?

Quote Originally Posted by dogbertbh View Post
    XX4 exports my JPG images as PNG unless I specify otherwise. Will this be the case with XWD as well?
    By default, jpg images are exported as jpg. If you have modified the object that contains jpg, so that it may require transparency (rotated for example), then it will atomatically be exported as png.
    But for every object in your design you can set the export type, together with compression level for jpg. Here's the image property used with html export:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	342 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	56977  
    John.
    IP