Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Where do we download Web Designer?

Hi Callie,

I'm sure your distributor will eventually have the program.

Going by past history for the releases of Xara X through Xtreme 4.0 the initial release will be via download. The CDs will be produced a short time later as it takes time for them to be produced in quantities for shipping. The people that have purchased the program will most likely receive the CDs before the distributors. Although I am just guessing as I have only purchased direct from Xara Group Ltd. online.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalJeweler View Post
    I'm getting anxious to see it. Been checking several times a day to see if it shows up.
    Same here, I have a few projects I want to test this out with.

Tom
    IP

So, there'll be no HTML editing capability whatever (based on the sticky post)? Not even a quickie dialog to insert some style stuff into the header (or some paste-in HTML for the body) you got from another source?

The program does sound very exciting but it seems that would limit one's ability to integrate your work with stuff you've done elsewhere if you really wanted to.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinlandstudios.com
    IP

Interesting, I use many things from http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ which includes dhtml in the header. Can we add things in the <head> section from within WXD?
    IP

Hi Spinny,

I don't know of any way to add code in the header within Web Designer. If there is, I'm sure that John (Covoxer) will be along to let us know.

However if it is something to be placed within the body, using a placeholder and "Replace with HTML" could work. See attachment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	placeholder2.gif 
Views:	462 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	57013  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

I just read through the preview tutorial, and there's a feature called:

Placeholder > Replace with HTML Code text entry box
    It seems to allow you to paste in HTML or scripts or whatever using placeholders. Still didn't see anything about being able to insert code into the header, though.

ETA: D'oh! You beat me to it by seconds!
    Last edited by Spinny; 03 March 2009 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Posts that pass in the night
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    IP

There is no way to add code directly to the header. This should not cause any problems for scripts or stylesheets as they can be added to body.
    The only things that you can change in the header is page title, page description and list of keywords. These are set in the page web properties dialog:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page.png 
Views:	472 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	57014  
    John.
    IP

Thanks for the info. It's probably not an issue, else they'd have included it. I'm just stuck in the paradigm that eventually you always have to resort to mucking directly with the code when doing web pages. I'll probably be shown wrong in grand fashion when this thing is released and people never even realize the capability isn't there.
    IP

While I don't often add code myself, I'm sure there are many that do. For instance, many people like to stop people from right clicking and downloading their images. While we all understand that this does not stop "everyone" from stealing your images, it does stop a lot of people who aren't knowledgebable enough on how to get them any other way.
    IP

So...no more link rel="shortcut icon" in the header ?
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa
    IP