Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Menus

Default Menus

I find myself using Webstyle more than Xtreme simply because it's so easy to create the menu's. I guess I'll have to learn Xtreme now. Because I'm definately buying this program, I would have bought it when I recieved the newsletter but it's not available till mid next week! Oh well they will have to wait till then to get my money.
    IP

Default Re: Menus

There are really only a few things to learn about menus. You need to create a new layer for mouse over,and optionally a new layer for mouse down.

Once you get your two or three button states on the correct layers then you can "Soft Group" them. This reaches across the layers. And it also makes the buttons work as one.

For example, if your button says Contact Info and you decide to change the text to read Contact Us. You do it to the Mouse Down layer and the text changes on the other two buttons.

And also there is a folder full of pre designed buttons that you can use and customize as needed. These buttons function like the ones in Web Style.
    IP

I can't wait to see the pre-designed buttons, however the WebStyle menus were still easier, just select menu, and fill out the text and optional links, tags, etc and you were done, quick and easy.
    IP

The pre-designed buttons work the same way. But you do have to assign a link.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    The pre-designed buttons work the same way. But you do have to assign a link.
    Awesome! Can't wait to get the software. I most likely would have prefered this to release before I bought Xtreme because I never use it, Webstyle is so much easier. I just hope since I own Xtreme that they continue to update the website export ability in it to match the Web Designer ability so if I need to import it into the Xtreme for something and then save it, Web Designer will continue to be able to import and work on it, like now.

There is no sence giving input on what I'd like to see until it's released, then we'll all start on the wish list and bug fixes.
    IP

Owners of Xtreme get a hefty discount on Web Designer.
    IP

WebStyle owners as well, right?
    IP

February Outsider indicates a 'yes' answer to that

How Much and When
    The program costs just $49 for US customers, £39 inc VAT in the EU. Better still if you have Xtreme 4 or Webstyle 4 you can purchase Web Designer for just $29 or £23 inc VAT (this is an introductory 2 month offer).

Xara Web Designer will be available from the middle of next week - 1st week of March
    IP

It just keeps getting better & better
    Thank you XARA for implementing our requests.
    This looks like it will be an outstanding product!

Congratulations!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by pjiv View Post
    ... however the WebStyle menus were still easier...
    Hi Pjiv,

I'm sure Web Designers pre-designed menus will work like a charm, but please note that it's possible to implement Webstyle menu (and Menu Maker, for that matters) onto your Web Designer web pages. See: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...420#post291420, in particular post #33 from Covoxer.

Regards, Albert
    IP