Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I heard somewhere that CoralXARA2 will not work on Windows ME.

Is this true :-(

Regs

M [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    IP

I heard somewhere that CoralXARA2 will not work on Windows ME.

Is this true :-(

Regs

M [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    IP

How should we know? ME is maybe expected to have a possible release date of September 14 (one never knows with MS ...). Like Xara, MS was very secure with it's beta's so no one around here has an "illegal copy" (We're very law abiding over here)
    IP

Hello.
    I have installed Windows ME (original version) on my computersystem. Xara works fine within ME. I had only tree times a little problem that when i cliked on the xara icon and that there was happening nothing on the screen. After a restart Xara worked fine again.

I do not know who to blame (Bill?)
    But only about 25 knights then there is Xara X!!!!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    IP

IMHO ( [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ) the Win9x line just keeps getting worse. Win95 was OK, but bad with resources and crashes.

Win98 added extra crashes and some annoying functionality (hiding contents of "Program Files" for example, and yes I do know it can be turned off).

Win98SE followed on in the same direction, and Windows ME (yes, I've tried it) takes to even further extremes.

Micro$oft has dumbed down the 9x series too much. If you consider yourself a power user then I'd avoid them all by a mile.

On the other hand, Windows 2000 is stable, relatively quick, and most of the operating system is organised sensibly and efficiently (I don't like Dial-Up Networking only appearing from the "Properties" item on the righ click menu of "My Network Places" though).

Just to make sure this post is relevant, Corel(boo!) Xara 2 runs fine on Win2k.

Wod

P.S. My machine is not very powerful. I'm running a P75 over-clocked to 120 with 48 MB or RAM. I'm upgrading soon though (Web Design money has started to roll in!)
    IP

Since upgrading to Windows ME, I have found the both Xara 2 and Xara X will not start properly on my machine if I've been using it for some time since bootup.

If I reboot, both start fine if I start the applications immediately afterwards.

But if I surf the web, use Word, etc. (with no application the obvious 'culprit'), after about 45 minutes, I can no longer start either version, even if I first close all other applications.

For Xara 2, the only discernable evidence that the application even started to run at all is an entry in the Task Manager.

For Xara X, the "this beta will expire" message pops up, but nothing else happens after I click okay.

I'm running an IBM-PC 300GL with 128MB of memory.
    IP

I just bought a computer with Windows ME preloaded on it and have been pleasantly surprised how much I like it. I was skeptical, having heard horror stories about the various upgrades since 95 (my last computer's OS), but haven't had any problems. I especially like the ability to view thumbnails in Windows Explorer and My Computer; and I like the built-in zipping utility. CorelXara2 works wonderfully and even faster on this 900 mhz than on my old 166. Although with Xara speed was never an issue. It's a fabulous program. Everything should be coded with the care that Xara apparently is. CorelDraw is a bloated, slow elephant by comparison (although I like that program too, go figure.).
    IP