Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Forms and interactive Elements in WD ?

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    I see. So this is a basic form editor with controls provided by html only. If I get you right, it shall not generate any JS, only single <form> element with necessary <input> elements within. Crrect?
    Yes, and the rest does the "action" and then the form gets the action to run this what i have told in my php-script...

Michael
    IP

Ok. Thank you.
    This somewhat differs from most online form builders, including JotForms, as they tend to propose additional functionality.
    Though, I think, it is possible to create such basic form builder as a standalone application.
    John.
    IP

Ok. Thank you.
    This somewhat differs from most online form builders, including JotForms, as they tend to propose additional functionality.
    Though, I think, it is possible to create such basic form builder as a standalone application.
    WOW - yes this would be great - and it is a real helpfull adding to the program.

Michael
    IP

Thumbs up Re: Forms and interactive Elements in WD ?

... but it's now a bit easier to implement in future versions.
    Good news.

Thank you
    Remi
    IP

The Coffeecup solution takes minutes to implement and for the majority of cases it may well be the answer: http://www.bostoninternet.co.uk/index.htm
    The reply page hasn't been set in this example.
    Last edited by w00dy; 04 March 2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: corrigenda
    "Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"
    IP

There's a load of interactivity available here for $5a shot...

www.tufat.com
    IP

Why don't you search for free tools, instead of CoffeeCup or other commercial JavaScript snippets?
    IP

I won't use anything that carries a branding as many free scripts do or you have to pay for the "Pro" version. If necessary I will always pay for de-branding where that is an option if I use a script that has that option. No-one wants a site that says "Gadgets by Thingamejig", well at least not someone who is paying good money. The main problem though with free stuff is that the developer moves on/loses interest and you are left in the lurch.

The "free" stuff that I use is things like Ubuntu, Joomla and Moodle, they are mature and won't go away, they have massive user bases. As regards Coffeecup, they are an established company that provide life-long free updates... and their stuff works.

Perhaps a definitive list of free and paid scripts for implementing various things could be established as opposed to trawling through the forum.
    IP

Ok, but I think after 16 posts from your side with recommendings for CoffeeCup software it's not necessary to repeat them twice in one thread (postings #11 and #25).

Remi
    IP

Just trying to help... there's no affiliate benefit or anything on my part. FWIW there is quite a bit of interest in the form generator which I recommend as the demo that I set up sends me a notification every time it's submitted.

I accept that paid options cost money but you get what you pay for and the one that I use is the best value by far even if it does cost almost as much as XWD, which itself is exceptional value for money!
    IP