Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Q for Gary or other beta tester

So do you think this could be used a Presentation app as well?

Advance forward and backward between slides, play animation via Flash videos, etc.?

Is there a "packaging" function so the entire "presentation" can be passed from user to user? Anyway to create one executable file/play only file?
    Last edited by jclements; 27 February 2009 at 11:27 PM.

Default Re: Q for Gary or other beta tester

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    So do you think this could be used a Presentation app as well?
    WD looks to be a lot like Xara - just with enhanced website making functionality and reduced graphical production functionality that are not needed to make most websites.

Presentations can be given in HTML (I've seen them done--but were usually crappy looking which isn't surprising given the need to edit HTML directly until now); hence what Xara4/WD produces can be used as a presentation. Webpages have forward and backward buttons, so in principle, you could design each slide as a webpage and have buttons that navigate to each page/slide.

I may try giving an HTML presentation some day, although it would have to be very Flash heavy to replace PowerPoint's functionality. Good idea!
    Last edited by Xhris; 27 February 2009 at 11:36 PM.

That would be great if you could experiment a bit, Chris.

It seems XDesigner handles templates well and being able modify them easily looks very attractive.

I plan on buying next week and experiment too. The spell checker alone is worth the special purchase price for X4 owners.

Hi John,

The next and previous buttons that Gary pointed out in his Workbook could provide an excellent presentation format.

Use of placeholders to include Flash animations make it easy to include those within a presentation.

Creating a navbar, next/previous buttons, gif and flash animations, and text areas seem to be perfect for presentations. I can see it becoming more popular than PowerPoint.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Bill:

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    ... I can see it becoming more popular than PowerPoint.
    Don't I wish.

Too bad it isn't scriptable in python or ruby so the techies here could add plugins for it.

John are you referring to scripting Web Designer or an exported Web Designer web presentation?

It is aways possible to use an external editer to include additional HTML/DHTML functionality.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Enable hooks to WD so a script could create functions to transform shapes or custom relationships between objects or pages.

For instance, if you expand a text frame, an adjacent object gets moved. Or if you altered one template color its complimentary color would automatically be assigned to another template color.
    Last edited by jclements; 28 February 2009 at 03:46 AM.

John

Once you have set up your page, and in the case of a slide show, every page is going to be the same size, you just copy and paste to all pages your next and previous buttons, which are now automatic, even if you reorder the pages, and add your content.

Present from a browser.