Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default FlashPlayer(-10)security hole

Hi all,
    For everybody who watches the new demo of xarawebdesigner and wants to see the flash,there's an issue with flashplayer 10 and below.
    Everybody is advised to update their flashplayer to version 10.0.22.87
    (you must do this for every browser you're using)

link to article: http://www.adobe.com/support/securit...apsb09-01.html

Link to update: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Hans

Hans
    Last edited by haakoo; 27 February 2009 at 09:47 PM.

Default Re: FlashPlayer(-10)security hole

Hans,

Thanks for the heads-up. "A potential vulnerability has been identified in Adobe Flash Player 10.0.12.36 and earlier that could allow an attacker who successfully exploits this potential vulnerability to take control of the affected system".

There won't be any "attackers" on the Xara end... AND YES, I of course realize you know that also, but your post looks misplaced in the "big scope of things"... XARA just released a web authoring application -- your post might appear "related" at a passing glance (to someone that doesn't know any better). If something can be misinterpreted -- it will be.

This thread is probably more "constructive" in the Macromedia Flash or Site Design and Publishing forum.

My 2 cents CAD.

Risto
    Last edited by RTK; 27 February 2009 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Spelling - Choice of words

Hi,

Just pointing out the fact that there' s a security update for flashplayer.
    Many members will be using the flashplayer to watch the demo by Gary,which uses Flash,in case you didn't notice.

Have the mods decide whether it's use-full info for all Xara members.
    Last edited by haakoo; 27 February 2009 at 11:03 PM.

I think actually, it should have gone into the Off topic area.. Where as this is just to let anyone here know about the issue... not specifically meant to be specifically related to any Xara software.

Thanks for the info too. I will pass this onto two forums I use, as this means the devs will need to update the flash 10 packages for Linux

Quote Originally Posted by haakoo View Post
    Just pointing out the fact that there' s a security update for flashplayer.
    I know... Didn't I comment, saying a thanks? Even though the "emergency flash" is three days old.

Many members will using the flashplayer to watch the demo by Gary,which uses Flash,in case you didn't notice.
    I noticed... I used Flash to view it... I tried to clarify that it's a an "Adobe Flash" problem. Not an "demo of xarawebdesigner" problem.

Have the mods decide whether it's use-full info for all Xara members.
    I don't tell mods what to do. I just thought it appropriate to point out a potential misinterpretation -- I have been privileged to hundreds of those. That's all. I wasn't dissing you, Hans.

Risto
    Last edited by RTK; 27 February 2009 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Spelling