Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Web Designer Preview

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/wo...m_files/13.png
    I highly recommend to everyone to checkout the XARA WEB DESIGNER PREVIEW workbook created exclusivley
    in Xara Web Designer by TalkGraphics Tutorial and Workbook maestro, Gary Priester.
    I have purchased Xara Menu Maker but could not use it on Coffee Cup Visual Site Designer.
    Can I use it on Xara Web Designer?
    IP

Xara Web Designer is much more than a Menu Maker or navigation bar creator. XWD has been designed to create complete websites without the need to use any other WYSIWYG Web design software.

Please see Webdesigner at Xara.com
    IP

Thankyou for such a prompt and efficient reply. I will likely buy the product when it becomes available.

I do not understand why, when it's the American economy that went so belly up, our Aussie dollar went so down. It will cost me around A$75.

Because you replied so quickly, I have more time to evaluate the product's facilities.

Thanks again.

Peter
    Hobart
    Tasmania
    IP

Welcome to the Web Designer Forum Peter.

None us except the Xara product design group, know what will be in Xtreme 5. All of the moderators are volunteers who are not employed by Xara.

But it would make sense that Xtreme 5 will for sure have spell checking, and the ability to double click on an object to switch to the appropriate tool.

This is one of the most innovative features in Web Designer. If you double click on text, the selector tool becomes the text tool. Double click on a path and the Shape Editor Tool is enabled. Double click on: a photo you get the photo tool, a rectangle, you get the rectangle tool.

This is of the magnitude of Xara's interactive graident fills and transparency. No need to remember what that blasted keyboard shortcut is, just double click on something and see what happens.

But logic would also indicate that with all the web-based tools in Web Designer, Xtreme 5 will get back to the basics of drawing and image manipulation. Spell check will enhance the current desktop publishing features. And I would look for more improvement in the Extrude Tool. more goodies in the Live Effects Tool and more consistent user interfaces, and more improvements along these lines. And the Xara development people always seem to pay attention to the wish lists. So who knows, maybe some improvements in the drawing tools.

It would be great if the bitmap tracer were improved along the lines of Vector Magic, but my guess is it will remain the same. But you never know.

But as far as website development? It makes more sense to leave those improvements to Web Designer. Xtreme and Web Designer work very well together without getting in the way of one another.

Just my dos centavos, Nuevo Mexiconos.
    IP

Thankyou Gary,

Having bought Xara Menu Maker last year, but ever since unable to use it, I'd naturally like to use it in full when I purchase Web Designer.

Can someone tell me how I could do this?

Peter
    Tasmania
    Australia
    Last edited by Soquili; 01 March 2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: removed unnecessary quote of Gary's post.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrite View Post
    I have purchased Xara Menu Maker but could not use it on Coffee Cup Visual Site Designer.
    Can I use it on Xara Web Designer?
    Yes. Menus created with MenuMaker can be embedded within WD documents. This was tested and proved compatible.
    John.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Menus created with MenuMaker can be embedded within WD documents. This was tested and proved compatible.
    Hi John,

does this also mean that navbars created with Webstyle can be used in Web Designer, or only the MM ones?

BTW, I love what I've seen/read sofar about Web Designer. And a smart decision to make it compatible with Xtreme's file format. And boy, what a bargain.

Great job, guys! Now let's try to convince the rest of the world. Keep up the good work.

Albert
    IP

Peter - I'm sorry if my answer was confusing.

I was welcoming you to the conference and answering Frances' question from the previous page.

Sorry.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Peter - I'm sorry if my answer was confusing.

I was welcoming you to the conference and answering Frances' question from the previous page.

Sorry.
    Thankyou Gary,

I was puzzled, yes - as you can imagine! Thanks for the explanation.

I appreciate your welcome to a quality forum with quality people.

I feel at home.

Peter Bright
    Tasmania
    Australia
    IP

Albert the answer is yes. You can also use Webstyle menus the same as MenuMaker menus.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP