Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Web Designer Preview

If Xtreme 5 is going to have all the functions of Webdesigner why have Webdesigner at all? What I would like to see Xtreme 5 have from designer is the spell checker and the master pages with repeatable objects.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    If Xtreme 5 is going to have all the functions of Webdesigner why have Webdesigner at all?
    I would guess because WD is aimed at a different target audience. It is a simple to use, streamlined package whose sole purpose is to make websites and that's it. Xara has lots of other bells and whistles that would be considered bloat for someone only intending to make a website, and then Xara would be accused of making bloatware. WD is also very template-orientated from the looks of things and pre-packaged for ease of website creation. But you can also edit these templates it seems and even design sites from scratch according to the documentation.
    IP

Frances
    What I would like to see Xtreme 5 have from designer is the spell checker and the master pages with repeatable objects.
    I would imagine that as they've been implemented in WD then the next release of XX will include them as well.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

I'm sorry, but I somehow do not understand this, I have only recently (late December 2008) my version purchased in a number of things such as the Navbar or export filters for HTML (Page background) are defective and more others (see the Buglist).
    Now these bugs seem fixed, even adding a bit and then again as a new product. I'm sorry, but a spell checker should be used for a "desktop publishing" professional product standard and should be still and silent when an update may be annexed. My last Update has a Stand from May 2008, a long long time, Xara Ltd. fixed no bugs, she's develop new other versions with functionality with would do in my version, but she doesn't work!....

I wait for the next Version, a User in the Magix-Supportforum has me tell, that Magix-Grafik & Foto Designer 3 will come at Juni 2009. Probably just a marketing strategy, yet the web designer and then sell XXP 5.0 or graphic photo .. Out a 3.0, again with little changes, and of course the capabilities of Web designers, or even this.

Look the Productlist from Magix.de, there are already a Website-Maker, a 3D-maker and so on ..., probably outsourced software modules, which you put fast ne surface still missed, and then marketed as a new product?!

I have payed for the Pro 3.2 Version and for Grafik & Foto Designer 2, i use VDL, FACUD and Webradio from Magix. VDL since Version 6 and payed many Updates btw. new Versions. I can say, i am a good customer, but the new strategy of Magix I do not think good.

My opinion!

Greetings
    CMONE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magix_produkte.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	56843  
    MAGIX Foto & Grafik Designer 2, 5, 6, 7 - Web Designer 5, Xara Xtreme Pro 3.2 with Xara 3D 6, 3D-Maker7
    MyTGAlbum
    IP

Hi Frances,

Xara Web Designer is the new product replacing Xara Webstyle.

Webstyle was marketed for web design without needing to also be a graphic designer. The professionally designed templates allowed anyone to create a good looking website quickly and easily.

Web Designer will take over that roll in the Xara applications.

The beauty of Web Designer is the program does allow the use of Xtreme 4.0 website .xar files. Webstyle required specially crafted files for the templates.

For years the Webstyle users have requested the ability to make their own templates or availability of additional template packages. Web Designer's ability to work with Xtreme created designs opens up access to an unlimited supply of templates.

Xtreme, Xtreme Pro, and Web Designer offer excellent design programs for a wider audience.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

What I'm wondering is whether it would be better for those of us who want/need the extra features that Xtreme/pro has to wait for version 5? Although I must say that Designer is certainly well priced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    What I'm wondering is whether it would be better for those of us who want/need the extra features that Xtreme/pro has to wait for version 5? Although I must say that Designer is certainly well priced.
    If you can't wait for XXP5, then get Designer now. Who knows when XXP5 will be out? Meanwhile if you buy Designer now for $29 (for XXP4 users) you could get several months use out of Designer now.
    IP

Very good question Frances.

Would a user of Xtreme or Xtreme Pro need Web Designer? Especially if a future release of Xtreme and Pro include these new features.

One point I would make is if you were to design a template for use within Web Designer. Would it not be best to test it within Web Designer?

I would expect many Webstyle users to upgrade to Web Designer.
    1. Newer program that conforms to newer W3C standards. Webstyle was released in 2004. A lifetime ago in digital technology.
    2. Ability to modify and create templates.
    3. Very reasonable price for the upgrade.

Creation and sales of custom templates for use within Web Desiger could become popular. It was not possible to create templates for Webstyle without proprietary tools only available in house at Xara Group Ltd.

Now anyone with Xtreme 4.0 and Xtreme Pro 4.0 can create templates for Web Designer.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

I've been using Xara for my web graphics for years now and was SO happy when the Web Export feature came to XX4.

I WILL be buying WD and if they come out with XX5 and it has anything new I can't live without AND has WD features - I will buy it.

I believe if you added every version of Xara I've ever had, INCLUDING My original CorelXara, which I got with the entire Corel suite back in the last century, I STILL wouldn't have paid as much as a SINGLE copy of Photoshop or Illustrator or Dreamweaver.

Xara has always offered the best and easiest product with the most fair upgrade policy I've ever seen.

Thank You!
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris
    IP

I have decided that I am going to buy Web Designer. I am already planning a major overhaul of my website.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IP