Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Web Designer Preview

http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/wo...m_files/13.png
    I highly recommend to everyone to checkout the XARA WEB DESIGNER PREVIEW workbook created exclusivley
    in Xara Web Designer by TalkGraphics Tutorial and Workbook maestro, Gary Priester.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 27 February 2009 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Resolve link to home page
    IP

Default Re: Web Designer Preview

Looks interesting.

The obvious question is: Will Xara 5.0 have all the Xare Web Designer functionality???
    IP

Guilty as charged.

Steve L. - You link should go to the home page.

I have not heard a peep about Xtreme 5 except that it is in development.

I would expect to find some things like Spell Check included but it makes more sense to have the web site specific features in Web Designer.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 27 February 2009 at 10:30 PM.
    IP

Corrected Gary.
    IP

Tried to get the free trial by clicking the download link on the home page of your preview but just got the log in page and them the account admin page. Probably me, but can you help please
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 27 February 2009 at 10:48 PM. Reason: escalating senior moments!!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

John Xara Web Designer will be available from the middle of next week - 1st week of March.
    IP

Ah, thanks Steve. Thought the trial might be for now. Looks like it'll be worth the wait though
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

I hope that xara will keep all of the web designer functions, or most of it out of Xtreme. Something like the spell checker would be good in xtreme. But I think the web designer would be best as a stand alone product. Gary's work books are great and very helpful and I had a quick look. And I am sure it will be helpful for those interested in this product.
    Last edited by a4hire; 27 February 2009 at 11:12 PM.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by StevenWWinters View Post
    The obvious question is: Will Xara 5.0 have all the Xare Web Designer functionality???
    I think it's almost certain that all of WD's functionality will be in Xara 5. Xara 4 has website export and they're not going to omit genuine improvements they've done for the next version. Secondly, WD is primarily an editable template based website making package; for those who want to develop a website from scratch with advanced graphical content, then Xara is better to be used. I'm 99.9% certain Xara 5 will include all the improvements in WD, just from a logical approach.
    IP

I agree with that. The inclusion of web export was the best inclusion in XX4 and I'm looking forward to improvements in the hoped for release of XX5.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP