Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Small Bug / Iritation: Can't remove clipview if shadowed

I agree with sledger. In fact IMO there's no reasonable way you could remove a clipview without losing any shadow on it.

The shadow applies to the intersection of the clipview frame path and the content paths. Removing the clipview means that intersected path no longer exists to have a shadow on it. Moving the shadow to either the clipping path or the clipped objects would make no sense.

The other stuff, where applying effects to an object selected inside a clipview affects the outer clipview object instead, does appear to be a bug, however. It's behaving exactly as if you added the effect to the complete clipview, ignoring the inner selection.

Personally what I would love to be able to do in a future Xtreme is right-click an object such as a group, clipview, perspective/mould etc. (either on the canvas or in the Object Manager) and choose an ‘Open in new view’ option to edit the contents of the group/the clipped objects/the unmoulded contents/etc. in a new window on their own. The control-Click-to-select-inside shortcut is great, but this would be much more powerful.

Bob it isn't a new view showing the clipview objects but the new Object Gallery does offer editability of clipview objects.

Using the Object Gallery I selected the ellipse within the clipview then converted to editable shape and used the Shape Editor to modify the shape.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clipview-edit_within.gif 
Views:	128 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	62198  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Ampa, looking at your very comprehensive testing in the post above, it seems that just about every problem you experience is directly related to applying a live effect to a vector group and then continuing to edit the vector group. I can't speak for anybody else, but when I'm on auto-pilot my workflow prevents me doing that. It's not logical. Bitmaps and vectors don't mix, although Xtreme does a good job making it seem like they do.