Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Updated and new HD YouTube videos

Just to let people know I've redone most of my YT vids in HD (still got levels and transparency tool vids to redo yet--maybe next weekend). Also made a load of new ones covering various photo retouching things that Photoshop is commonly used for that can easily be done in Xara (and with greater versatility in some cases). I'm trying to dispel the silly myth that all photo retouching is best done in Photoshop; only a few, less common tasks are suited for Photoshop, and only because Xara currently lacks the necessary features (e.g. moulding bitmaps). Almost all the videos on YT showing Photoshop use are more suitably done in Xara.

This thread is also a good place to list suggestions for videos. I'm ideally looking for fundamental techniques that apply to many tasks (e.g. bitmap cropping using masking techniques, use of transparency types etc.), or, if for videos on walkthroughs of specific tasks, then things that are very common/popular and/or typically associated with Photoshop in an auto-reflex-like fashion--the things people say "Oh you've been 'Photoshopping' I see" for.
    Last edited by Xhris; 02 March 2009 at 11:33 PM. Reason: changed "less rare" to "less common"...

Default Re: Updated and new HD YouTube videos

I like all your videos and have watched and rewatched them. Look forward to viewing them in HD.