Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I do this?

Hi,
    I'm a new user with Photoshop so I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing yet. I stumbled across this image:

http://www.reachoutthewindow.com/fox...s/schedule.gif

and was wondering how to take a logo and create a similar package with the scratches and erosion look. I already have the logo, I just need help to make a similar background out of it. Is there a filter I can purchase to accomplish this effect? Can someone help me out?
    IP

Default Re: How do I do this?

From what I can see it looks as though they used a brush set to be more specific a grunge brush set, the best I can tell you is google it. Or if you could find a suitable brush you already have use that! Hope this helps.
    IP

You can use brushes as well but this kind of effect is most often done with scanned of photographed images of dirty, walls, newspapers and the like, that are then loaded as layers. The grunge layers will have the blending modes set of normal and opacity changed, sorry no correct settings this kind of work is a mix of skill and trial and error.
    IP

What about printing out your graphic and doing physical damage to it?

Sorry about the cheesy response... especially coming from a guy who makes plugins. But sometimes 'analog' works. Plus, it's fun that way.
    IP