Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Wacom Digitizer Tablet or.....?

Hello

I work with Corel Painter and . I want to buy a Digitizer Tablet for my work, but I don’t know exactly choose that digitizer between [Wacom] and [PActive] Brand. I looked on some Painter X Magazines and most of ebook introduce Wacom Digitizer for Corel Painter. I think Wacom is better and suitable for work with Painter. But Wacom is more expensive than a PActive Digitizer. And both of them are A4 Sizes.
    Do you know any website or the others source to compare wacom with PActive Digitaizer Tablet?
    And I also want to know full of abilities a Wacom Digitizer.
    At Finally which do you prefer Digitizer Tablet work with Corel Painter X?

Best Wishes

Masoud
    IP

Default Re: Wacom Digitizer Tablet or.....?

I use a Wacom Intuos 2, its pressure and tilt sensitive. I don't need those options, I prefer to control the brushes with shortcut keys.
    IP

A tablet will last you for 20 years at least, get the best you can afford, Wacom if possible.
    IP

At the rate I use my WACOM it'll outlast me, but I don't think there will be any operating system that will support it in 20 years...

WACOM were found in Japan in 1983 and have pretty much nailed the market for digitizers ever since.
    Right now the budget price BAMBOO range are exceptional tablets for the casual user.
    If you can afford the high-end models and know you will use it daily then yes, I'd recommend spending the dollars and buy the best you can afford.
    Remember that quality is remembered long after price is forgotten.
    IP

At the rate I use my WACOM it'll outlast me, but I don't think there will be any operating system that will support it in 20 years...

Drivers are still available for the original Intuos 1 tablets for OSX and OS9, in other words the original intuos 1 tablet is still usable (over 20 years old). It won't support some of the latest features in Painter but it's core functions are all that most people need anyway.
    IP

A late additional comment in case it helps anyone: my Intuos (1) is working happily under Win XP. I notice that current motherboards are dispensing with older input/output options but it seems that the serial port used by the Intuos is more likely to be provided than the old-style parallel port. I recently bought a Bamboo for its smaller area - excellent value and, of course, oh so convenient via USB or wireless.

I use my tablets with a variety of programs and as a mouse substitute. Does anyone know if Xara have improved their support for pressure-sensitivity? It's very limited in Xtreme 5.
    IP