Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Translating steps from Photoshop to Paint Shop Pro

I have taken digital images (color) of a printed book.
    http://www.box.net/shared/ay2rqjp317

I've got to know that in PhotoShop you can do following steps...Could Someone tell me HOW to do the SAME STEPS (1-4) in Corel Paint Shop Pro X2. Pls. Help...I'm just an amateur with PSP.

Put the book on a white surface. Shoot with your camera, each page and download images to a folder.

1. Create a processing action: Photoshop - To save file size and increase readability, you want to strip out as much extra color information as possible.

2. You can automate this process: Start recording a new action. Then select Image>adjustments>threshold to convert to black and white - drag the cutoff slider to where it looks most readable.

3. Save the images using File > Save for web and devices. Save in the gif format. You only need two colors, and you may safely crank up the lossy compression. Using this method you can compress six megapixel images down to under 200 kb, down from the roughly 2 mb original files.

4. Create your pages. Now that you have created your action, open Photoshop and select file > automate > batch. Select the action you just made, as well as the original images you want to work on. Then select a destination and numbering scheme. Run the process and you should end up with a number of compressed GIFs.

Thanks a ton..
    IP

Default Re: Translating steps from Photoshop to Paint Shop Pro

From your description and the image you posted, I'm not certain if you're trying to actually create a web page or an image to go on a web page.

In Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2, recording actions is called scripting. The sequence of events would be Test and Record the script on one image. Then run the script as a batch process with the remaining images.

Scripting can be accessed from File > Script > Start Recording (etc.). It's easier, however, to work from the Script Toolbar. View > Toolbars > Script.

I do a lot of scanning of old documents and old photos and use scripting extensively. Except for an occasional bug, which apparently happens in one operating system on a minority of PCs, PSPP X2 does a great job with scripts for automation of repetitive processes.

Before you begin, read about "Script" in the PSPP X2 help file.

Make certain you have customized your workspace.

You should have the History Palette ON to monitor your progress through the various steps of script recording. View > Palettes > History (Or press F3). I keep that one on the right side of my screen along with several other palettes.

Turn ON the Script Toolbar per instructions above.

Turn ON the Web Toolbar. View > Toolbar > Web. I drag that to empty space on the Script Toolbar.

Turn ON the Tool Options Palette. View > Palettes > Tool Options (or press F4). I drag this above my image to make it a toolbar.

Now you're ready to begin recording the script.

1. Open the test image.
    2. Select the Start Script Recording button on the Script Toolbar.
    3. Perform the various process functions in PSPP X2 -- Image > Decrease Color Depth; Resize (Shift-S); Crop (CTRL-R); Brightness/Contrast (Shift-B), etc.
    4. Select the GIF Optimizer button from the Web Toolbar and perform that process.
    5. Select the Save Script Recording button on the Script Toolbar.

Now you're ready to perform the batch process, running the script. File > Batch Process. The Batch Process box has options for selecting the files, selecting the script to run, selecting the new file name and type and the location where the new files will be saved. Be sure to look at all of the Option choices.

The Script Toolbar contains a toggle switch (the icon immediately right of the scroll and feather) for switching Execution Mode on and off at each step in the script. Turn this off if you don't want to see the dialog boxes come up while the script is running.

Hope this helps.

Xara Designer Pro X10; PaintShop Pro X7; Perfect Photo Suite 8; DxO Optics Pro 9.5; Olympus OM-5 E-M5; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3770; 16 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 7770.
    IP

Default Re: Translating steps from Photoshop to Paint Shop Pro

May I just point out you dont need to save as gif during the script recording in fact Its best not to save in a script. When you use the batch process and run a script against a batch you can chose to save as new image (and with a pre or post fix like Modified added to the file name)or overwrite. or as a different file format and even in a new folderder
    IP