Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

hi guys,

Sorry if this question has been asked before, i had a look but didn't find the answer i was after.

I am currently trying to learn how to do a website. I got xara3d and made some banners so i can use them for the site. I put the image in the correct folder and pointed the webpage to look for the image in the approiate folder but when you view it in IE the image does not appear. I assume it is because xara 3d saves each file .x3d and IE doesn't recognise this format.

any help would be great.

regards SW

1. No web browser will directly support that proprietary format. IE supports only GIF, JPG and most PNG in web pages. You'll have to save your images in one those formats -- whichever is most appropriate.

2. You needn't load your web pages and images on a file server to check them. If you use plain HTML, it'll show fine in your browser from your own machine -- just open the file in your browser.
    Lonnie

Hi Lonnie,

I think you only need a file server for the CGI Scripts (SSI, PERL, PHP, Java, etc...) I have proofed JS dynamic pages just fine on a windoze machine.

Thanks for the help.

i was jsut doing a simple save and not exporting the file, but she works like a charm now.

thanks again

SW