Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frontpage

Hello

I have been trying like the dickens to drop the design I made in webstyle 4 into my frontpage 2003. I do all the steps and it just doesn't happen. Can anyone tell me why?

Anne

Hello Anne,

WElcome to Talkgraphics. You might want to repost this question here. In the webstyle forum. You will have a better chance of getting an answer there I think than here.

Thanks for trying to help

What is the process you are taking to place it in Frontpage?

Make sure anything you create in Webstyle is done THROUGH FRONTPAGE! First, make sure you have the Frontpage plug-in installed. If installed then do the following.

1) OPEN Frontpage and CREATE a new page or OPEN your existing page.

2)Go to the INSERT menu in Frontpage, click on INSERT, WEBSTYLE/4, then select what you want to insert.

3) WEBSTYLE/4 will automatically open. Open your project (design theme), complete any editing to any graphics, etc., then select SAVE GRAPHICS in WEBSTYLE/4. Click on SAVE in WEBSTYLE/4. This will take you automatically back to Frontpage with the design theme you created INSERTED into the page.

If you are still having problems, ensure that ALL of the components (themes, graphics, borders, navbars, etc.) you edited in WEBSTYLE/4 are in the SAME website sub-directory (Project Folder) that your web page resides. If you SAVED your WEBSTYLE/4 theme in a different sub-directory than where your web page resides, then you will NOT see it in Frontpage or any other HTML editor, for that matter.

RULE OF THUMB - When creating projects (THEME, NAVBAR, ETC.) in WEBSTYLE/4, ALWAYS GO THROUGH YOUR HTML EDITOR FIRST, TO CREATE, EDIT, INSERT, ETC. YOUR DESIGN COMPONENTS, THEN THEY WILL SHOW UP IN FRONTPAGE EVERYTIME.

REMEMBER, FRONTPAGE/DREAMWEAVER/or OTHER HTML EDITORS, USE THE WEBSTYLE PLUG-IN TO LINK (COMMUNICATE) WEBSTYLE/4 DESIGN COMPONENTS (THEMES, ETC.) INTO THE EDITOR.

Awww! The beauty of integration.

Let me know how it turns out.

Hockeysmart

That was nice of You Hockeysmart. Thanks...

I will stick with notepad... it is easier for me. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

This was very nice of you. You have know idea how much this is "Appreciated". It has helped me more than you can imagine.
    Bless you!!

Anne Hougaard

Another example of getting your design to show up "live" in Frontpage, by using Webstyle through your editor first. In this example, Navbars are the problem, but the resolution and rule of thumb is the same.

http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...86&m=398105789

Enjoy!
    hockeysmart
    (Ross)

I have two websites and one of them I designed in FrontPage. It worked okay not cool looking or anything like that but functional.

So I started to follow all the advice I am getting in here and it has helped a lot. But here is my problem, I am using Frontpage to edit my websytle in. Has anyone heard of why it would take the first website that was designed in frontpage and completely overwrite it with the new one I am designing for another website?

My first website is web 3....My new one in frontpage is called web 22. But now they are both identical and they are on two different subjects. Does this mean that if I am using xara webstyle 4 that all my websites will be the same if I am using it to design a whole different website?

Anne

The only way I think this could happen is....

1) You opened Webstyle/4 within Frontpage with WEB 3 open. Created a new website, WEB 22, and selected the COPY option in Webstlye/4 when prompted, "Do you want to Copy webstyle theme layout components".

or

2) Both Webs are referencing the theme layout you created in Webstyle. Always remember to create NEW project in Webstyle when you create a new page or site.

If this isn't the case, I would need more specifics about your web directory's (WEB 3 & WEB 22) to further troubleshoot the problem.

Hockeysmart
    (Ross)