Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Lightbulb Artistic guidelines

It would be nice to have artistic overlays (or artistic guidelines), like Serif describes in his "What's new" page about DrawPlus X3:

Artistic overlays are special guidelines, for example
    • the golden spiral overlay (for more information, see the Wikipedia article about Golden ratio)
    • a third overlay which helps to "drawing and painting composition, positioning horizons and subjects to please the eye" (source: Serif website)

Remi

Default Re: Artistic guidelines

The "golden mean", and the rule of thirds for composition, or the grid method for graphic layouts. The spiral, may be a special case, but grids divided to certain proportions are easy enough to make and save as clipart. They can be resized easily enough to fit any rectangle.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MarkMyWords; 18 February 2009 at 03:56 PM.

Remi I would tend to agree with Mark here as this overlay is just a guide template which can be expanded or contracted for your page size. Think the best part of this release is the simple image cut out tools and the auto trace features.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Two masks that that I drew.

Rich
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes, I agree with you, that something like that is simple to create. And perhaps it's just to simple, in order to create a guideline tool for something like that.

It was just an idea.

Remi