Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: silo

Thumbs up silo

Mike,
    I downloaded silo trial and I can't select in a natural way actually I have my mouse over a face and it selects another one, I'm attaching a picture.
    I'm trying to make the fist video tutorial and I cant select the cube border, I have tried avery shortcut and nothing.
    I really appreciate any help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	silo.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	63759  
    Javier

Default Re: silo

Make sure that you have antialiasing turned off in your video card settings. Silo is known to have problems with inaccurate selections when AA is on.

Hope that helps!

Pixel,
    Thank you very much you were very close, the problem was I had set my screen resolution to 16 bit I change it ot 32 bits and it works.
    Best regards and many thanks
    Javier

Glad you got it working.
    Be sure to look at those very basic tutorials so you learn the fundamentals of using the software and working in 3D space.

And show us what you make.

Silo looks like an extremely interesting and powerful program. I would be interested in any reports of experience working within it.

Hello,
    As you know I am not familiar with 3D tools and maybe my questions are a bit elemental.
    I'm very excited with silo, I've just made the first tutorial "Arm chair" and it appears to be quite intuitive, but some things are not so clear for me, such as the focus of silo cause I can't find if I can export the silo file as jpg, png , etc, I don't know if it can make animations, that's why I wonder what is it focused on?, maybe I have to combined silo with another tool, as far as I remember I think that 3d studio permits me to achieve motion and many other things.
    Anyway I think that people here can answer this questions.
    Best regards.
    Javier

As far as I know Silo is just a modeling application. Final rendering will have to be done externally.

I remember I think that 3d studio permits me to achieve motion and many other things.
    Yes 3D studio is a complete package,
    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...112&id=5659302
    If you have this program you don't need Silo.

I would be interested in any reports of experience working within it.
    I worked with earlier versions of the program for some time. Silo has modeling tools and features that are found in more expensive applications for a fraction of the price, I was using C4D before Silo. Presently I use Modo 401 along with an array of other applications that suite my budget and taste.