Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: fill tool

Default fill tool

I've needed more than one time to be able to fill a shape with 2 or more colors following the form of the shape, to get that I have to use for instance contour + feathering or transparency to get the result.
    I think that have a "shape fill" (as we have, conical, circular, eliptical, etc) would be great.
    I hope you be able to understand my explanation, it is a bit difficult to me to explain.
    If you need more detail I can make some drawings to explain me better.
    Javier

Default Re: fill tool

Some feature requests might be better understood when accompanied by a mock-up example as suggested.

When suggesting a feature or idea please use clear simple language, and if possible, a mock up example.

Steve,
    When I have a circle and apply a circular fill the fill follows the contour, the idea is to have the same to irregular shapes.
    I'm attaching an attempt to explain it better.
    Best regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fill.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	5.0 KB 
ID:	56327  
    Javier

Oh, that's what the Contour tool is for. It has steps in it, but if you give it enough steps, it will look like a gradient.

Or are you looking for something different?

The idea is to have the same capability you have when you fill when a circular, conical,etc.
    You can use mould tool to get the same that you get with circular fill however you have that type of fill, appart from that in fill tool you can drag and drop a colour over the arrow to get more colors in the gradient and move them to stretch, etc the color, with mould tool you can achieve that but it is more difficult cause you don't have the same control.
    But it is only an opinion.
    Best regards.
    Javier