Wine works better for some... I'm not a huge virtual environment person myself. I also run Linux exclusively and have not used Windows in roughly 2 years or more now.
The only way I would find a potential to porting to Linux once again... would be only if I were able to have some rough figures to show an estimated return value from such a project, as well as proof of being able to see at least a certain percentage of the development cost to be able to be covered through donations
It's all in the tools used to try and peak their interest. Might work, might not. But I'd sure like to try at the very least. Just have to find a way to do it without getting certain Linux entities involved (which is a project in it's own)

Be mindful though, as I stated before... it would take quite a lot to convince them to even think of considering this idea. I'm sure the skepticism would be great

Either way, I am reachable to anyone who would be interested in beginning talks of decent strategy. But it has to be something realistic. The idea is not to tell them how happy it would make us, but rather how it would benefit them.
The burden of proof is upon us. And it is solely a business related venture so should be continued elsewhere, as this area is for helping people on how to use XaraLX.
I am not opposed to meeting with anyone at the forum which is at the top of my signature linuxgraphicsusers. I would even be willing to set up an exclusive area for it.