Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Default Re: Forget Open Source, just sell a Linux version!

Even better: sell a Mac version, it will be a very profitable venture. Browse through the Mac forums and you'll see how many Mac users are waiting for a Mac version. Linux and Mac versions aren't too far apart (Linux and BSD are very similar).

After my laptop had been stolen last year I switched to a Mac, installed Crossover but couldn't install Xara Xtreme 3.1: the installation was terminated because it couldn't find the Microsoft Internet Explorer...

I don't know why the IE needs to be installed, but this was a point where I said 'ok, enough is enough'. Uninstalled Crossover and tried to learn the darn Illustrator which I really hate (and it's not just me, there are millions of Mac users out there who hate Illustrator).

Anyway, if Xara or Magix want to make money, they should churn out a Mac version. It would generate enough funds to finance a free Linux version
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--
    IP

Out of curiosity, Jens, why you switched to Illustrator and not Inkscape? Inkscape has native Linux version, at least.

Edit: sorry, the brain started up at last. You wrote to be on Mac now...
    IP

jens, kinda off topic but.. I wonder if you had ever seen this app? I had once tried to build a Linux package for my distro but it didn't work out so well at the time. But they do have a couple Mac versions. I have seen it run and it's kinda neat.
    http://www.les-stooges.org/pascal/pencil/

there's some pretty good vids for it
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...pencil+softwar

just thought it might be fun to play with a bit for ya.
    Last edited by geminiguy; 03 March 2009 at 01:46 PM.
    IP