Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Non-repeating, stretched brushes

I'm sure someone must have asked for this previously, but I don't see it anywhere here (even searching for it).

In several other vector tools you can define brushes which stretch the entire length of a stroke rather than repeating. This is very useful for creating more natural strokes from patterns you create within the package. Imagine trying to draw flames of varying lengths using a 'flame' brush you've created. Currently, you'd see loads of variously rotated versions of the flame you created rather than the desired effect.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather use Xara than Illustrator or Inkscape any day, hence the request. ... :-)

Default Re: Non-repeating, stretched brushes

Yes Madrayken this has been requested many times in the past.

The vBulletin search routines are not very good and often do not find even the most common words and phrases.

It is best to use google and specify which site to search.

As an example to find wish list at Talkgraphics use:
    "wish list" site:www.talkgraphics.com

The double quotation marks limit the search to that exact phrase rather than every instance of the word wish and every instance of the word list. You would get wish list but also many other hits for the individual words.
    Last edited by Soquili; 09 February 2009 at 12:37 AM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: Non-repeating, stretched brushes

This is known as skeletal stroking. It is essentially a way of mapping and conforming a vector group along a path. There is no doubt Xara will develop this feature at some point. I suspect within the next two or three Xara versions given that its effects can't be produced in other easy ways (the likely criteria for being bumped up on the to-do list).